20 ➳ ineligible // h.x

"i'll stay." and i really mean it. even if i am still unsure of my real purpose here on earth, one thing's for sure, and it's that league will be the career that will sustain me and my future.

"i'm staying so i can repay a certain person," i continued, clearing the issue out of the way. "i've been a useless trash for years, and i want to be useful for once."

how cheesy of me to say those words in one coherent sentence. but really, i just didn't want to admit that my real motive was to prove my family that there is now a possible future for us gamers and artists.

coach mori smiled from ear to ear, followed by a short burst of laughter. he grabbed the neck of his wine glass and raised it to the air. "then cheers to fruitful seasons ahead, challenger!"

everyone raised their glasses, in which i refused anything alcohol so i held my glass of mango juice instead.

as soon as the food finally came, i couldn't help but to lock my gaze on to tachihara and kajii, who were apparently have been making a fuzz with chuuya. not that i'm offended or anything, but was there something they know that i don't?

kajii noticed me staring at them and smirked at me with all high and might. "'sup, support! you enjoyin' the feast?"

i nodded in response, in which i diverted my attention back to my meal afterwards. all i could hear now was our mid and top laner making random jokes about chuuya, whereas his in denial voice was rather loud, and coach mori talking to an unresponsive akutagawa.

meanwhile, there i was — just peacefully eating my tempura and broccoli platter while keeping my ears on high alert. this is actually the first time i had dinner with a group. i got used to eating at the dorm with hawthorne, but i'm not complaining though. the exposure isn't so bad, after all.

dessert was soon to be served, thus the plates we previously used for the main course were getting taken out of our tables. given the window of time to wait for the final food course, another opportunity for talks were open.

"yo, hayakawa!" the brunette called me out. this must be another joke question. "one last question!"

chuuya slightly got the idea, but was immediately interrupted. "if this is about me again th—"

"if chuuya likes you, would you like him back?"

"i knew it! i knew this was about me again!" his vermillion hair shot up in fiery rage, when tachihara showed the contrary reaction of finding a fuming chuuya amusing.

i know i shouldn't be sighing in front of the table, but i did. "feeling intimacy is ineligible for gamers. they're just a distraction."

even the taciturn akutagawa reacted to what i said, as the three emitted a long "oooh" in unison. i looked at chuuya to see his reaction; he seemed displeased.

"well, you heard ren's opinion," chuuya rebutted to save his bullied ass from the situation. "and what made you all even think that i like her?!"

they continued on with their petty argument, wherein i wasn't able to hear the next few sentences after my phone suddenly buzzed from my purse. as much as i didn't want to be rude and get my phone to check if it was hawthorne or not, they all seemed preoccupied nonetheless.

i slid my phone out of its purse only to see a message from an unsaved contact. i still bothered to view it as the text says;

"hi! it's the brunette you caught eavesdropping~

would you mind meeting me at dawn? wanted to have a little talk."

ah, yeah, it completely slipped my mind that i stealthily gave one of my calling cards to him for the purpose of continuing his unspoken thoughts back there at the gaming room. i wanted to talk to him via chat, but seems like he didn't want it that way.

i double-checked on my surroundings first before replying;

"okay. 5 should be fine, same place where you first met me?"

"sounds good :)"

honestly, 5am was still within curfew hours, but i'll just work around my way to ask landlord fitzgerald.