63 ➳ two worlds apart // d.o

i was able to finish all the pending tasks at the agency just in time before sunset. there's a part of me that wants to go home now and play the god-forsaken game, but at the same time, league doesn't feel the same when it's just me. i've also been trying to contact xyren since clocking out of work, though i haven't heard anything from her nor slighted her online activity since last night.

upon checking the other members of port mafia, they seem to have gone on and offline for the past two hours over social media, though their match histories show no sign of any activity today. maybe they had something planned and this was the 'something' that xyren talked about that they needed to prepare for?

man, why am i even concerned of xyren and the rest of my former team? moreover, have i grown fond of the woman i've just met at the seaside? i know for a fact that we are two worlds apart, and that keeping my friendship with her would have greater consequences if it comes to light too soon. it's not bad to make friends with players and staff from other teams, mind you, but my existence in the ADA had not been made public yet, so having it out too soon may get mixed reactions from the masses.

my mind drew a blank while i stared at my screen with the league client open. as i was about to play a game or two by myself, a beep was heard from the pocket of my coat. i fished my phone faster than i could run, expecting a reply from a certain someone -- and i was right. the content of the message made my heart sink, though.

'hey, sorry for not replying. port mafia is super busy today. i'll just see you in the finals.'

oh. so they were busy with something in secret. whatever it is, i'm glad that she's fine. i gave a sigh of relief before putting my phone down and queueing for a game of league.

now that i've gotten my fair share of gaming for today, it's high time that i unwind for bed.

as always, league is still stressful up until this day; nothing changed about that. thinking back about it, i don't remember in particular why and how i dragged into this career. either that or it's something at the back of my mind that i don't want to get out. there's no point in dwelling in the past anyway -- someday soon i will drift away like xyren's drawing riding with the wind.

but if it wasn't for this game, two worlds apart wouldn't get a chance of meeting, somehow. i also vaguely remember having a bet with chuuya regarding 'may the best man win'. i'm still unsure how i'd win that one, or if i even have a chance of winning. all i know is that chuuya doesn't have a sliver of chance of winning, either. that gives me some hope of ending everything in a truce instead, away from the banter and toxicity.

my eyes were about to drift off to sleep, when suddenly a buzz and a bright light emitted from my phone, which was placed on my desk. i already had the lights off, and the bright lux of my phone gave a little bit of lighting for my room. i was expecting xyren, but then again, why? why would i expect it's her?

and alas, it was not her. it was the president and coach for the ADA, fukuzawa.

'come meet me at my office tomorrow.' was all he said.

huh, that's weird. did i do anything wrong with the task that i need to personally meet him now? i shut my eyes regardless, but still tried to think about what i did.

until it dawned on me. did i leave my work laptop at the office or something? i dreaded to get up from my bed again just to check, but i did anyway. i opened the lamp shade on my desk, and checked the laptop bag where i played league earlier. it's my personal laptop.

god damn it. this will bug me until tomorrow.