73 ➳ boys night out // n.c

chuuya:
'hey bois, y'all wanna go out drinking tonight? all on me'

tachihara:
'damn, rare chuuya treat? count me in!'

kajii:
'sheesh'

coach mori:
'boys night huh. that's fine. surely hayakawa will understand'

akutagawa:
'👍'

chuuya:
'cool. see ya at 7 then'

everyone waited for xyren's response whether she was going to react or say something regarding my boys' night proposal. however, it has gotten to the point that it was almost our time to go to the bar, and yet she has not even read the chat. must be a busy night for her too, i guess.

now that i think about it, it has been a while since the men of the league team got together. the team unconsciously adjusted for the woman to prevent being left behind, but xyren probably didn't give a shit regardless.

as promised, i booked ourselves a private karaoke room wherein we can order food and drinks. when i got to the place, everybody was already waiting at the entrance.

"chuuya, my guy!" kajii greeted, hanging his arms on my shoulders. "thanks for the treat! what's the occasion though?"

"i wondered that too," akutagawa mumbled. i feel like he just went along to find out the reason why i even thought of treating everyone in the first place - typical akutagawa.

i just chuckled it out as i lead everyone inside, showing my reservation to the guy in front. "don't sweat it too much! i just feel good than normal~"

i heard an audible 'hmm' from coach mori, but did not speak further. kajii and tachihara just laughed their way with me, and akutagawa just quietly tags along. we got inside our karaoke room where complementary alcoholic beverages and snacks were already waiting for us at the table. the room was dim as it should, with party lights floating around that slightly lit up the room.

as soon as everyone sat down, each one grabbed their own can of beverage and started drinking and eating. akutagawa did his own thing and started scanning through the karaoke book full of songs to sing along. i scanned along with him.

"i'd like to take a wild guess as to why chuuya's treating us tonight," coach mori take a sip of his drink before proceeding, followed by circling the glass in his hand. "might it be good to assume that you, nakahara chuuya, confessed to our dear hayakawa?"

midway through my drinking i choked and coughed upon hearing that. very enthusiastic oooooh's from kajii and tachihara follows. 

"i'll take that as a yes, then?"

"well, i-i kinda did," i laughed in embarrassment. "but-"

"so you two are dating now?!" tachihara gasped in excitement, leaning towards me.

"actually, she rejected me... or more like put me in purgatory."

"oof," akutagawa reacted in a mix of empathy for me and what sounds like he's mocking me. "sorry for your loss."

everyone got quiet all of a sudden. the four gave me a pat on the back in unison. "nice try i guess. you can't really get the independent part out of her, huh." were coach mori's comforting words to me.

kajii made fake crying noises. "this is a sad karaoke night then, no wonder! just let it all out tonight, chuuya!"

and we did just that. i booked 3 hours for the night and we sure did use those 3 hours to its stretch. we'd constantly keep ordering, sing our hearts out until we were practically drunk and woozy. on our way home we were walking like ragdolls, thankfully the mafia office was just nearby and they all stayed in our sleeping quarters there for tonight.

not me though. i wanted to spend my time at my own home for now.

and when i got home, boy, i couldn't stop drinking and continued a solo session with wine while staring at that painting xyren had gave me. my drunken mind somehow convinced me that the painting was done in memoir of me, and xyren's probably just denying it by making random excuses.

of course, those thoughts were only as good as my alcohol-induced state, and i couldn't remember shit when i sobered up the next morning. i looked at the painting again and just felt some kind of wholesomeness to it. i mean, i get a painting from her, but not the rest of the team.

now that i think about it, how am i going to face myself to xyren once we see other again, after all that shenanigans?