23 ➳ toxic // h.x

i made up an excuse to the coach that i woke up late as to my failure to be punctual for today. he seemed to have bought the reason since it seemed reasonable, but really, there was no way in hell that i was going to admit that i met with dazai at 5 in the morning.

not with chuuya around, that is.

not that i was late because i enjoyed the company of the hyperactive brunette — it was amusing, yes, but not in a sense that i'm comfortable with. dazai told me that chuuya was toxic and cancerous, both in the league world and in real life.

out of curiosity and to lowkey want to prove him wrong, i asked dazai on how can he prove his claims against the team's adc (well, currently a support) to be true. much to my surprise, i didn't expect dazai to state a long list of reasons why chuuya was a scrub — even having a thorough explanation for each bullet in the list.

and because of that, the talk took longer than what i originally anticipated.

dazai was desperate, at the same time determined, to prove to me all of what he said. thus, he even gave me ideas on how i'd execute and trigger him to do such.

i swear to God — sorry hawthorne, i had to — if accusing someone else a toxic isn't toxic behavior, then i don't know what is.

change my mind.

first thing on the list was supposed to be to observe his demeanor now that we've swapped roles; to see if there were any signs of fuming or frustration. same thing applies if coach mori ever decided to switch us back to our original roles.

i got to invite him as my duo for tonight as well, since that was also part of the plan. i don't even know why i agreed to this, but i just don't want to accept any random accusation without enough receipts, as well as to just make dazai shut up about chuuya.

☀️

training went on and on, having just one or two short breaks in between each interval of six hours. coach mori never had our roles swapped until the end of today's session, which resulted to a slightly triggered chuuya.

but we only lost one game out of all the matches we had, so the coach didn't care much about what he felt.

i kept taking note of even his slight winces and expressions of irk, mentally hoping that i don't forget them that easily. it was already past 20:00 when we finished training, and i still promised him to play duo.

chuuya grabbed dinner from the nearby convenience store before we went to the computer rentals. he offered me to get something to eat as well, but i had to turn down the offer since hawthorne might be missing eating with me.

wow. imagine how funny and impossible would that be — hawthorne missing me? the only person he probably misses is mitchell.

"can i..." chuuya spoke while we were choosing our primary roles for our first ranked flex game— just the two of us. "can i be the adc this time?"

"you have the freewill," i tried to muster a small smile. "no one's going to stop you."

and upon champion select, having to be first pick as an adc, he automatically locks in his main champion. they said that "autolockers" are a sign of a cancer player, but being a member of the higher tiers, i am not convinced with that statement alone.

real symptoms appear in game, and that is what i'll wait for.