04 ➳ we meet again // n.c

- back to the present -

defeat is not an easy word to accept, especially when i've been completely annihilated  by a woman who has proven her worthiness to be in the place of the challengers.

it was only once that i was able to land my champion's skills on her adc. the other sixteen times were just me risking my life and giving her away a free kill.

as a diamond ranked player, i felt quite unaccepted and not ready for the next league tier.

maybe that's the reason why we couldn't win a single tournament? was it because i lack skills in playing, or was i not smart enough with what i do?

this dead-to-the-soul person named hayakawa xyren just slapped a whole cardboard with the words 'WEAK' written on it, simply by defeating me on a one vs one.

we both stood up from our seats, and as i promised, i paid for the both of us.

"would you mind if i introduce you to the team?" i asked xyren while waiting for the change from my bill. she does not bother to look at me, but instead keeping her gaze on the glass door.

her head shook no. "i won't mind, but not today. my roommate is looking for me."

the spark of excitement vanished. i badly want her to meet the team already, for us to officially welcome her... and for me to bravely say that i lost to her.

"when can i see you again?"

i got my change and we headed out of the shop. her back or her sides had been the one facing me for the past two hours, and only now that she turned around in front view.

i wasn't able to appreciate her physical appearance more; i could firmly say now that this xyren girl is a lost flower blooming in concrete.

only that i got a few seconds to admire her before she turned her back at me again and said, "i'll contact you in league. thank you for the time."

she took the first step in leaving but i was fast enough to grab her wrist to stop her. "um, i should really take you home, after bothering you for this test."

at this time, all there was to see were city lights. the sky is now completely black and the streets were busy, for people were starting to go home. 

these artificial lights make her crimson eyes seem like as if she's a monster lurking in the dark. honestly, i felt drawn back when she turned around to glare at me for halting her exit.

"i'm an independent woman who needs no man in my life."

i swear, her voice was so dead and monotonous. she reminded me of that tentacle dude who crashed in a tournament two years ago.

xyren can turn a rainbow into a monochrome just through her words.

and so i let her go. she bowed down for the last time before leaving for real. her last words still ring in my head like a broken record. 

i watched her walk away for a brief second until i finally decided to walk to the other direction. i must now tell my teammates about the new member -- that we now need to practice within the week in order to get all of us in coordination with the new support.

speaking of support...

there were a few list of people that did not want to see, or at least did not expect to see at this time around. when i thought that this person must have accomplished trying to send himself to death, now i find him walking around the streets.

"i see; so the seaside picasso is someone you know... such a small world."

we have met again -- the ex-support of our team.

dazai.

and is he referring to that female challenger?

if he knew him and are related by any chance, then indeed it is a small world.

so many fishes in the sea and fate just makes me stumble upon a woman that knows the person that i hate the most.

tch. when can i ever get things for myself?