46 ➳ delays // n.c

well, why am i not surprised when the entire team is here now, except for our support. as always, all of us end up waiting for her, it's as if her entire existence revolves around being tardy every time the coach sets a time for meeting.

xyren has seen the memo, that's for sure, albeit seeing it just this morning, so we are all under the assumption that she's hurrying her ass up at this point - or at least we hope so anyway. the girl may have the reflexes of a predator in-game, but she sure has lag when it comes to her punctuality.

while her reasons are valid, i can't help but to think that it's somehow of a coincidence that when it comes to the team, her delays are inevitable.

"ah yes, hayakawa is late as usual," tachihara said in a bored tone, sliding down his chair to further slouch. "i wonder what kind of factor of delay did she get this time?"

kajii pulled out a small notebook from god-knows-where. "hmm, let's see here... woke up late, got too drunk but that's chuuya's fault, enrolled in the g.u-"

"hey! what do you mean it's my fault," i protested upon realizing what the man just said. "i didn't know any better with her alcohol tolerance, alright?"

kajii just shrugged, while tachihara let out a small smug laugh. akutagawa was just listening in but would look away every time i would look at him, as if he's avoiding to be in the conversation.

"i don't like this tardy behavior of hers," coach mori spoke, his tone stern, but not furious. he walks towards another location in the room before continuing his sentence. "however, hayakawa did give us the win. i'll let it slide for now; i just hope we can change it soon though."

everyone nodded in agreement, except for myself. while it's true that xyren had made us go this far, that game still lives in my head rent-free. you could say that i have a love-hate relationship towards it. well, whatever, i guess we can just focus on the positive thing about it.

twenty minutes had passed since the call time before a knock on the door was heard. our room in the g.u usually have these small windows on the top side of the door that lets us see who's peeking or standing there - only if you're tall enough to reach it. which makes me an exception to that logic, as much as i hate to say it.

anyways, xyren was tall enough to be seen through that window. she's the only one we're expecting now, so of course we were expecting a figure of a woman to show behind that panel of glass.

but there was none, so it has to be someone short or they're either crouching or bending over.

the door unlocked several seconds after, revealing a panting xyren. she was bending over with her hands above her knees, breathing raggedly - the most ragged breathing that we have ever heard in our entire lives. it was loud and her pacing to it was big and irregular. she was also practically showering in her own sweat at this point.

"what happened to you?" while the others were dazed from what they saw, i took the initiative to break the silence between us. "it's like you ran your way here."

but there was no coherent response from the woman as she kept on catching her breath. a few seconds later, xyren tried her best to stand up properly, only to end up falling forward.

"hayakawa!" was everyone's scream. somehow i managed to catch her before her face falls flat on the concrete tiled floor. xyren blacked out from exhaustion.

well, seems like this is her factor of delay today.