17 ➳ swap // h.x

just from the gloomy tint of his cyan eyes, i could tell that chuuya wasn't happy with the role swap. coach mori seems to emit the same aura too, after all those losing streaks, i mean, who wouldn't?

the team seems to have noticed chuuya's sudden dysfunction as an adc, hence the offensive 'jokes' that they were saying a while back. 

i noticed it too, but i knew better than to flame it off towards the player.

he asked me if he was deficient for me, but i said "you're okay." and i mean it.

"alright, coach," the vermilion-haired man sighed in defeat, his head hanging low. "but are there any chances that i'll get my role back as the adc?"

all of them seemed to look at chuuya with distaste after that statement; as if they didn't want him as the adc in the first place. mori kept his professionalism high and simply said, "we'll see about that."

we all went back to position for the next games, wasting none of the allotted time for the training. the tournament is four days away and coach mori was not going to buy any faults at this time.

while the game was still in the loading screen, chuuya who was sitting next to me was still lost in thought. pretty sure that emotions play a huge impact when it comes to one's performance, and if he keeps playing worst than bronze and silver ranks, then what are the chances of me seeing coach mori go insane?

i don't even want to think about it, so i might as well save his ass before things go worse.

To: [4dTaintedSorrow] cheer up! u great, evrythn will be ok :)

damn, i suck at empathy.

4dTaintedSorrow: thnx ren

the next 3 games were all win streaks with me as the adc. chuuya played better than the first few games with him as an adc, so the coach decided to swap us back to our original roles.

but we lost again after that, so i was back to being adc.

we ended the training around 17:00 to be able to get ready for our little team dinner that we have all planned before the day started. coach hasn't made the decision final yet, but he declared that i'll have to take over chuuya's main role unless he 'decides to play like a diamond.'

as i was about to leave for the door, a gloved hand gripped on my wrist; i turned around to see a Stygian chuuya radiating a dark aura as if the grim reaper was fetching me.

"can we talk for a moment?"

it was just the two of us left in the gaming room, the others have made their exit to get some rest before dinner. i had this feeling that he wouldn't let me off if i don't agree, so i gave him a nod to say that he can proceed.

chuuya let go of his grip and knelt down in front of me, bowing his head to kiss the floor. "p-please, teach me to become an adc!"

i cocked a brown in confusion. "as i said, you're okay as you a--"

"then why?!" he yelled in despair. "why is coach mori so disappointed in me?! what do you do that i couldn't pull of?"

"you're just quite unresponsive, but that can be fixed." those words spit out of my mouth before i got the chance to swallow it first.

i guess i really don't know how human empathy works. i should get lessons from hawthorne.

"how dare you step on my pride like that!" chuuya suddenly burst from gloomy to angry, taking me aback.

do men really value their pride so much to the point of desperation?