21 ➳ ex and y's // d.o

the autumn breeze of dawn felt like a normal winter day. i am here right now sitting in cold concrete with the view of the Eye keeping me satisfied. it was not moving at the moment, but the way its light shines bright in contrast with the dark blue and purple hues of the sky made a nice aesthetic.

it's just me right now, and i can't help but to remember certain trails of memory on this exact spot. jet black hair swaying with the rhythm of the wind, passion painted all over her face.

that day was nice, and here i am now having the opportunity to finally interact with her vis-a-vis.

rustling of leaves rang to my ears as i looked up to see her coming towards me. she was late for a few minutes, but no matter, i beat her to her apologies before she even got the chance to say it.

"don't bother apologizing," i greeted, moving to the side a little bit to indicate that she could sit down next to me. "i wasn't waiting that long, anyway."

upon sitting down, i took the initiative to engage the conversation since she doesn't seem like the type who would.

"we know each other but we haven't really known each other's name yet," i made eye contact, flashing her a genuine smile. "i am dazai osamu."

"hayakawa xyren; ren for short." xyren gestured a small bow in which i returned with a nod.

awkward silence existed between the two of us until xyren broke the ice. "are you and nakahara related in any way?"

the sound of his last name escaping along her sweet yet lifeless voice was still triggering, but for the sake of not shocking the woman nor making the mood even more awkward than it is, i kept my cool and did my best to casually talk.

"such a shame they never told you," i smirked, switching my gaze up to the disappearing stars. "but i used to be the one in your current position in the team."

"you mean you're the reason why they looked for another member?"

i kept my smile and nodded. it felt great to leave the team and i won't be ashamed for quitting.

xyren seemed to have picked up the pace. "may i know the reason why?"

i went to a short lived hysteria, earning me a weirded out look from the person next to me. luckily, no one else were at the surrounding area to hear.

"i'll tell you one thing, since you and chuuya seem to be the closest one in the team," i fondled with her long black hair in which xyren didn't mind. "i quit because he's toxic, and you should trust me on that."

i am confident that God gave me perfect vision, thus i swear i saw her thin downward lips smile for a short while. how i wished that happened more often.

"it's a long story, but if you want to avoid getting hurt like i did, you might as well keep your distance."

she smiles again. "i'm not dumb not to notice that you're both taking it too personally, whatever your faults may be."

"i'd love to commit suicide one day, but i won't accept depriving myself to die because of what he did."

"it's that depressing?"

i sighed; i am quite unsure how to stress out the whole chuuya incident, but a part of me is saying that i should just keep it for myself for now. we've just meet, and they've just met — she has all the rights to judge.

it's just the beginning, after all.

"do you have plans on coming back?" xyren asked out of the blue.

i've sort of expected this question already and my answer was clear.

"nah. it's all good now that i'm labeled as the ex-support, and even better if they don't know why. i bet chuuya hasn't realized his mistakes, either."

and again, i burst in laughter, and at the corner of my eye i saw the cutest smile in existence.