69 ➳ take a bow // d.o

the finals unexpectedly extended until game five. this was by far the longest game that both teams have ever gotten -- first being able to even reach finals, and next was putting themselves in silver scrapes. ah, the joy. watching both teams make it up to this point feels like watching your child get sent to college.

"look at that, partner!" one of the casters said in excitement. the camera then panned to the face cameras of the members of the mafia. "the entirety of port mafia is looking at XY Axis right now. i wonder what happened with them?"

"the port mafia support probably has an idea to cook, perhaps?" answered the other caster. the camera still was focused on the team when suddenly the mafia's top laner, jungler, and mid laner burst into laughter. "oh wait a moment, partner! now they're all laughing, with 4dTaintedSorrow still frozen!"

"seems like they're having fun though; good for them!" the first caster added before the camera focus went back to the usual aerial view of the stadium. this caster was right -- the mafia seems to be lax, but at the same time still keeping their serious momentum. compared to the members of the agency, they all look like tense pigeons down there.

it makes me wonder even more as to what happened with port mafia for the past few days prior to today. their inactivity in league was a little suspicious, and i don't think they'd practice in secret as that would be asking for trouble from the higher ups. too bad i could not pry on any of that information now that i'm a part of the agency. we'll just have to wait until port mafia publicizes an announcement, or we could be kept in the dark forever -- how mori likes it a lot, of course.

after that small segment of shenanigans, the finals proceeded to game five. to everyone's surprise, port mafia took a sneaky invade through the agency's side of the map in game, catching atsushi and kunikida off-guard. to make things worse, akutagawa and kajii got the kill and gold on that particular encounter, which means the main drivers of the game are ahead.

kunikida's death on that surprise invade means that chuuya and xyren at the bot lane will be able to take some loot several seconds ahead of kunikida once his character respawns. and speaking of the bot lane duo, they've decided to play their usual roles for this final game -- it didn't work for them during game two, and they struggled with it for the entirety of the tournament. i wonder what made them decide to push through with this now.

it was a fair and even game, with a bunch of new things appearing from both sides. on one hand, the port mafia has been ganking all lanes a lot more frequent than before. on the other hand, the agency had been taking more objectives than normal. even if the current state of the game was pretty tame, the crowd was going wild with every action that happens.

it got to the point wherein atsushi, tagged along with tanizaki, decided to face-check one of their beloved dragon objectives, however only to be spooked by the opposing support xyren, and getting obliterated by an overfed akutagawa, eliminating the entire agency's chances into engaging into another fight. the members of the agency got picked on one by one by the support and their damage dealers, ending the game at the 30-minute mark.

with that, port mafia takes a bow at the stage with the regional trophy. both teams exchanged their handshakes and bows before the entire tournament comes to an end.

a part of me is sad, obviously. i left the mafia only for me to see them succeed without me, and also seeing my current organization with their long faces. however, there's also a part of me that's happy for a friend; to see her succeed in her first pro-play, to see more raw positive emotions from someone i knew who has been dull. xyren was indeed capable of other expressions, and being able to see that with my own eyes was enough for me.