03 ➳ seaside picasso // d.o

- several hours ago -

the smell of the sea as salty as the human life. this scent i breathe in as i walk along the seaside, footsteps inaudible as my feet silently contact with the smooth rocks beneath me.

afternoon sunshine reflecting on the surface of water; indeed it was a beautiful day and also a breathtaking view to commit suicide. however, for some reason, today i just don't feel like doing so.

leaves are scattered everywhere -- it was the middle of autumn and the cold air carry these foliage to stack upon themselves in a messy ground.

something good must be bound to happen. could it be that i will find the woman who is willing to do double suicide with me? a parcel? 

no idea; all i know is this giddy feeling within my resentment.

continuing to walk along the bay, at the edge of the water there i saw a person. her legs crossed, book on top of her thighs as she works on a clean sheet of paper. her gaze goes up at the view and then back down on her paper.

just by one glance, i know that she was an artist drawing the scenery she sees.

at that moment when the wind was actually not blowing was the time that i feel like it was kissing me with its cool breeze and the colorful hue of spring.

i felt spring in autumn. weird.

i stood somewhere and observed her from afar. her face show no other emotions but seriousness written all over. even at this distance, i can feel her focus and passion for what she was doing.

she was working on her own masterpiece, but for me, what i'm seeing is already a work of art.

if i hadn't quit the league team, would i be able to see such an opportunity? most likely not, so i guess this decision wasn't as bad as my teammates had said against me.

the actual wind had blew once more and i saw her paper fly away from her reach. her emotionless expression didn't change, and just calmly looked at the direction of where the paper had gone.

oh, what luck! 

my cover has been blown. the paper had flew toward my feet, it's back side facing me and the drawn side on the stone street. her crimson eyes stared deep to my soul as she saw her masterpiece safe and had not been carried too far away.

i picked up the piece of paper and dared to flip it over to its drawn side. she had drawn the scenery of the Cosmo Clock 21; it was a clean sketch, and i must say, this was too clean to be considered as a sketch.

she had walked towards me now to retrieve her art. she looked beautiful from afar, and now that she was in close distance made me feel a little jumpy.

"your drawing is flawless." i smiled to her, which i earned no change of expression. i at least expected a smile as well, but she kept the mask on.

i handed her the drawing to her quite large hands, holding one hand under and placing the paper on the surface of her delicate palms.

before she exited -- probably to go home -- two words had escaped her lush lips. "thank you."

i watched her walk away from my point of view. when the time came that she was now out of my field of vision, one realization had struck me hard.

i forgot to ask her name.

will i even be able to see her again? or was that only a one time thing?

hopefully not...

...till we meet again, seaside picasso.