19 ➳ dinner // n.c

having my pride as a man and an adc main getting shit on like that was not the greatest feeling in the world.

i guess i should let it slide for now since ren is challenger, after all. if it was of the likes of dazai, i would have smacked him in the face by the time he disses me.

but by the looks of it, it seems like dazai and xyren know each other at some manner. have they really met somewhere before?

ugh, whatever; it is most likely the least of my concerns anyway.

dinner will start around 7pm at our usual eating place, just to take a break from professional-life league gaming once in a while. i have less than two hours to rest and get ready.

i got home around 5:25pm, immediately plopping myself to my king sized bed. a short power nap could be useful for me right now, but i might end up not waking up at all.

nevermind. i might as well start taking a bath while i still can.

getting my feet back to my carpeted floor, my legs lead me to the bathroom where i started to set up my warm bath. as i was filling up the tub, a rather loud buzz emitted from my pocket, the vibration nearly killing my thigh.

my gloved hand fished my phone out to reveal xyren pinging me a message. i opened it with no hesitation;

"hey, idk how to get to the place. would you mind picking me up at my store?"

oh, right. no one actually told her where it was, but i am honored to be chosen!

i was about to reply a non-hesitant "yes" when another message came in. damn, she has fast fingers.

"oh wait nvm. i'll just go to your place."

my heart skipped a beat for some odd reasons. nothing fishy, but how in the world did she know where i lived?

dazai?!

out of panic, i typed my reply faster than lightning;

"how do you even know where i am?!"

"coach mori told me."

a huge sigh of relief escaped my life as i safely confirm that dazai and her weren't backstabbing me or any sort.

i told xyren that she can come over around 6pm, and therefore i need to start getting ready by now.

☀️

even when well-dressed, my support still looked like a dead person groomed and ready to be put in a casket. it's a weird analogy to compare the living from the dead, but it's undeniable that xyren just acts as if she lost all her will to live.

prying eyes greeted the both of us as the other members saw us enter the place together. tachihara and kajii, having to be obnoxious since the beginning of time, gave out teasing smirks and smiles towards me.

"shorty's keeping the woman for himself~" i overheard kajii whisper to tachihara, in which he agreed to the remark. i ignored it for now and had me and xyren take a seat.

their eyes never left and it was getting quite uncomfortable at that point. on the other hand, the woman next to me didn't give a single fuck — she was just scrolling through her social media mainly full of memes and pro plays.

"xyren," coach mori called her out, his chin placed on top of his hand. "i'd like to ask you something in front of everybody else, if you don't mind?"

her scarlet orbs met the coach's also scarlet orbs, putting her phone down to listen to whatever he had to say.

"this might be too early to ask, but i'm curious to hear your thoughts." the coach closed his eyes and paused for a while. at this point, he has already drawn our attention.

"if ever that we lose the tournament, would you stay or leave the team?"

"she's probably going to stay because of chuuya." tachihara teased, in which i huffed at him whereas the coached just smiled and moved on like he never heard anything.

xyren stayed quiet, probably pondering of what to say. coach mori's eyes never left her glance, until ren finally opened her mouth to speak.

"i'll stay."