22 ➳ level 7 mastery // n.c

three days left.

three goddamn days left before the league tournament and the team and i haven't fixed our shit yet.

and speaking of team...

the temporary adc isn't even here yet and we couldn't start without her! how could xyren be slacking off now that the day of the actual tournament draws near?!

we all agreed to a uniform meeting time of 7:45 in the morning, in which training will end usually around 20:00 or later, depending upon the situation. the schedule has become rather tight because we really couldn't afford to waste any more time.

in fact, even coach mori kind of regret having dinner last night. but of course, knowing him, that dinner was slightly necessary for the new member to feel like she's welcome to the team with open arms.

it was around 8:09 and xyren still wasn't present. i wanted to get mad, but if the reason she's late is any form of accident, then i might feel bad for flaming.

the only reason why i'm probably feeling frustrated right now is because of the fact that i haven't gotten over with the whole role swap and with xyren stepping on my man pride yesterday.

pfft. we'll have you switch roles, they said; it will be fun, they said. as far as i'm concerned, the two years that i've been playing league composes of me playing adc champions ONLY. i am confident of my skills to the point of showing off my level 7 mastery badge in game.

i don't understand now on why i'm going downhill like this. do i not click well with my support, or do i not click with the team?

or the support does not click with everyone else?

i was even happy with the thought of having a challenger ranked player in the team. for a brief moment i thought she would be the blessing in disguise that would finally let us win in the tournaments for the first time in forever.

i huffed in disappointment, rubbing my temples in hopes to ease the pain a little bit but no to avail. i wonder what would have happened now if bandage-wasting device never left Port Mafia?

fuck. i hate to say this but i mi— no, i do not. stupid chuuya! what the hell are you thinking?!

all i want to happen is win this match; to carry on the title of being the g.u's king of carries. having someone replace me means to lose that title.

God, am i being toxic right now? hopefully xyren doesn't have the ability to read minds or else, i or we would have been in greater trouble by now.

a knock soon echoed around the room, the door opening soon after. the awaited member finally came at last, looking pale and tired already. she immediately apologized to the coach, in which she wasn't even slightly scolded.

talk about ougai's favoritism with women.

we got into our positions and created the lobby for queue. it was 8:30 on a tuesday morning and queue time took longer, making us scroll through our social medias for a while.

a pale hand grabbed my arms and soon jerked it away once my attention was caught. xyren was looking at me with a giddy face, which was unusual since i got used to her deadpan expression.

"want to play ranked later after training?" she proposed; she may look expressionless, but her crimson eyes were filled with sincerity. "just the two of us."

i have never been such a happy man in my entire life.