Chapter 3

Man, the moment class ended, I got bombarded by classmates. My last two classes were the ones that I didn't share with Honey and Mori, but they'd been kind enough to point me in the right direction. Here's the gist of what happened:

Them: Did you just move here?

Me: Yes.

Them: You're so pretty/cute!

Me: ...Uh, thanks .

Them: Do you have a boyfriend?

Me: No. (Why do they keep asking this? Why do they care?)

Them: How do you have such nice skin?

Me: I use organic products (How can they even tell I have nice skin?)

Them: What middle school did you go to?

Me: I studied abroad (This is the lie my parents told others when I went to middle school under a different name. It was to keep me out of sight.)

Them: Wow that's so cool! Does that mean you know another language well?

Me: Sort of. (Must act modest.) I know quite a bit of English (Oh thank you so much Akane! I love you!)

Them: Wow that's so cool!

Me: ... (These people are annoying. My facial muscles are going to be sore tomorrow at this rate.)

Them: What about your two years of high school?

Me: I was at an all girls' boarding school.

Them: Wow!

So unpleasant. And now I'm late to meeting Kyoya. Ahh, what a pain. I pushed open the doors to Music room #3.

"Welcome!" Voices chimed out as rose petals were blasted into my face. Oh, great. The group of boys (and Haruhi!) I'd sat with during lunch were in front of me again.

"Oh?" said Kyoya.

"Oh, it's not a customer." Twin one said.

"It's just Rika-senpai." Twin two said with a sigh.

"What is this?" I burst out. "Is my appearance a great big disappointment or something?" Oh my gosh, did I just say that? Did I just crack? thank goodness, there isn't anybody else around. The twins exchanged grins. They came towards me, eyes looking like they were predators stalking prey. "Eh? I'm sorry ! I mean, I was just really surprised by the rose petals thing!"

The twins wrapped their arms around my shoulders, while the one on my right closed the doors. Oh my God, if that wasn't an ominous sign, then I don't know what was. Plus it was the twins were were talking about! They are soooo freaky/creepy/evil!