Part 28

"Hey, hey, don't you guys think that Honey has changed recently?" Girl one.

"Hm? Changed how?" Girl two.

"Well, lately, I feel like he's so handsome. You know, he's not just a cute little kid. Kind of like, he's actually dating material." Girl one.

"Oh yeah! I totally get what you mean!" Girl three.
"Honey as dating material?" Girl two. "I can't imagine that."
"Oh but he's such an amazing martial artist!" Girl three.
"Can you imagine him protecting you?" Girl one, with a giggle. "It'd be so romantic."
"You guys..." Girl two, sounding disappointed and possibly annoyed.
"He's so hot these days." Girl three.
"I wonder what's causing him to change." Girl one.
"Maybe puberty finally hit." Girl three with a laugh.
"Yes! That might be it! Ah, I really want to go to the same college as him." Girl one. "Imagine him in college.

Grown up and mature and so handsome."

Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Why are they talking about this in the bathroom? I stood in the bathroom stall, staring at the pretty pearly pink stall door. This was the conversation I'd overheard while in the bathroom during lunch. The girls left pretty quickly, still talking about Honey. Only Girl two seemed to be uninterested.

But Honey changing? Was that true? Maybe I just hadn't noticed it.

After 6th hour, I left my class to go visit the Host Club. Azumi was coming with the Haruhi cake I'd baked yesterday.

"Rika-san."
I stopped at that annoying voice. Turning slowly, I smiled. "Ah, Funaki-san. What is it?"

"The Chess Club is that way." He pointed down the hall, opposite of where I was going. "Where do you think you're going?"

"There's something I have to pick up from my maid." I replied calmly. It was true after all. Suddenly, Minoru grabbed my right wrist and pulled me down a smaller hallway. "Fu-Funaki-san, what is it? What do you want?"

He pushed me against the wall, placing his two hands on both sides of me. What is this stupidly cliche position we're in? "What do you think you're doing, Rika-san? I saw you selling pictures of Ootori Kyoya. You're still helping the Host Club, aren't you? You haven't actually quit the club, am I right?" His hazel eyes drilled into mine, searching for the answers.

I stared straight back, maintaining as calm of a demeanor as possible. "I have quit the club, Funaki-san, and I was not helping the Host Club. I was selling the pictures for my own benefit. Besides, even if I did help the Host Club, it would be because I'm helping my friends that are in the Club. I may have joined the Chess Club, but most of my friends still remain there." I replied. Then I tried to lightly push him away.

He grabbed my left hand harshly in response, shoving me back against the wall. "Don't lie!" He hissed, sticking his face inches from mine. Ugh, why does he have to get so close? And-