Part 46

With Tamaki's cake finally done, Kyoya could begin his advertising. Tamaki's cake was round with white frosting. In between the yellow cake layers was French vanilla ice cream peppered by thin strawberry slices. The top was decorated with two chocolate red hearts tucked behind a golden crown near the edge. Tamaki's white rose sat in the center, with raspberries lining the bottom of the cake.

"I love the crown!" Tamaki said, arms flung in the air. "Cause you're the king?" I asked with a smirk.

He nodded and then proceeded to twirl about. Kyoya pushed up his glasses and smiled. "Then, Rika, let's discuss how the cakes should be sold."

For a large portion of that afternoon, I spent it chatting with Kyoya. We planned out the order we'd be releasing the cakes. Mitsukuni's was first, and then Takashi's. After that was Kyoya, Tamaki, the twins, and then Haruhi's. We'd release a cake a week and provide free slices of the cake to that particular host's guest. For example, the first week, all Mitsukuni's guests would be able to eat a slice of his cake for the duration of the week. The next week, all Takashi's guests could have a slice of his cake.

It was agreed that Kyoya would mainly sell by slice, since girls probably wouldn't eat entire cakes. Hayashi Sweets would also sell by slice and whole. For the first week that cake was released, it'd only be purchasable from Kyoya. The week after, when another cake was being released, it would be available at any Hayashi Sweets shop.

"Pretty great right?" I asked, pleased with our plan.

Kyoya nodded. "This will be excellent for our club's profit."

"How'd it go?" Mitsukuni asked once the Host Club had ended.

"Good!" I replied. I grabbed my school bag. "Are we going to go now?"

"You guys are all carpooling together now, right?" Haruhi asked. I nodded. Since I lived right next to Mitsukuni, why not save some gas? Besides, sometimes the Chess Club ran as late as the Host Club.

For the rest of that week, I spent most of my Host Club time with Kyoya. After school, if it wasn't playing chess, it was talking with Kyoya or doing homework. We planned out some finer details about the cakes and the advertisement. I also had to talk to my dad's secretary about these cakes. It was a big pain in the butt.

On Friday, Kyoya began the advertising. We wouldn't start releasing cakes until the week after, so we'd have an entire week to generate excitement and anticipation.

It was also Friday that Umari Etsuko appeared at the Host Club doors once again.

I was heading over after the Chess Club. There were really only twenty or so more minutes left of club time. I opened the door and found her standing nearby, yelling.

"-so fake! How can you guys stand it?! It's totally an act! It's so obviously an act!" she screeched.