Chapter 5

"I made a chocolate cake for Tamaki," I said, as I opened the two boxes and pulled out the cake. The chocolate cake had chocolate cream filling and its top was covered by a round sheet of dark chocolate. It wasn't very big even though I was sure Honey could have eaten both the cakes easily.

"Here, Honey." I took the knife Haruhi had brought over and cut a piece of the larger strawberry cake for Honey. I used vanilla cake with strawberry slices in the middle of it. I'd also mixed strawberry cream with some vanilla cream and put more strawberries on the top. "Is this enough?" I dumped a huge slice onto a plate, handing it to Honey.

"Yes! Thank you, Ri-chan! Itadakimasu!" He started eating immediately as I served the others. "How is it, Honey?" I asked with a smile, as the others began eating too.

"Good! It's really good, Ri-chan!" He shouted with a big grin. His face was covered in the cream. I chuckled. That was a relief.

"Wow, Rika-senpai," Haruhi said, an astonished look on her face. "This is delicious." She went back to eating as the twins and Tamaki cooed over how cute Haruhi was.

"Really? Great! Thanks!" I grinned, delighted. "Who knew Rika-senpai," Hikaru said with a grin. "Was this good at baking," Kaoru finished.

"Of course," Kyoya said, pushing up his glasses. "Rika-san helps out with the Hayashi Sweets by designing and baking some of their newest treats."

"Amazing! It's delicious!" Tamaki said in his usual enthusiasm. I smiled. "Thanks Tamaki."

"Kyoya, I need to join a club. Any suggestions?" I said, as I sat down next to Haruhi for lunch. It was the next week, a Wednesday, and Kimiko had been pestering me about clubs. She said that Mom and Dad wanted to know. I don't know what the big deal is. I'd been staying after school doing homework either at the library or the Host Club. Why couldn't I just keep doing that? Kyoya looked up and smiled.

"Yes. Why not join the Host Club?"

I choked on my piece of rice and started coughing. "Wh-What? Why should I? What would I even do?"

"You could help out with the club," Kyoya replied. "Currently I'm the only one managing the club."

"But you're Kyoya!" I said, as if that explained everything. He gave me a threatening look, silently saying I should shut up. "I mean, you probably have it all down. Right?"

"I have to manage the club's budget. I have to prepare costumes, sell Host member products, and I have to deal with these people." He waved his hand lightly at Tamaki and the twins, who were hassling Haruhi.

"Hm... But I want some profit too."

"If you want money, Rika-san, you should get a job, not join a club."

"Why would Rika-senpai," The twins wrapped their arms around my shoulders.