Chapter 16

I arrived at the ball an hour early, per Kyoya's requests. There were many workers everywhere, carrying in decorations. The theme for the ball this time was commoners' formal. It was most likely Tamaki's idea...

"There you are, Rika." Kyoya said, standing in the midst of all the chaos.

Tables were being set up at the sides for the food. Chairs and benches were to line the walls of the vast ballroom, for those who didn't want to dance anymore. The orchestra was bringing in their instruments and setting up in the corner.

"What do I need to do?" I asked. I was still wearing the red dress from the morning.

"Here." Kyoya handed me a clipboard. "Go check on the silverware over there, and once you're done with that, go to the orchestra. Make sure they're set up in the correct position. Direct where the benches should be set. After that, come find me."

"Yes sir," I said with a teasing smile, before heading in the direction he'd indicated. The clipboard had a diagram of where everything should be placed and the quantity of everything.

I followed Kyoya's instructions. I directed the placement of everything, then dealt with the caterer and food. Since it was commoners' formal, the food was from multiple "commoners" places recommended by Haruhi.

"Instant coffee!" Tamaki yelled, waving the box above his head. "Help me, Rika-chan! Let's set up a place to make your own instant coffee!"

"Okay..."

A grand piano was wheeled in, since Tamaki was going to play it. The Hosts took turns helping out and going in to change. They were all going to wear simple but formal clothes. The twins had sweater vests over a white collared shirt, gray pants, and dress shoes. Tamaki and Kyoya both wore a suit and tie.

Honey had something similar with a tailcoat and a bow tie instead. Mori and Haruhi wore white collared shirts with a tie.

"Rika-senpai!" The twins yelled. There was about fifteen minutes before the doors opened, and I was running around making sure everything was in the right place.

"Start playing after we open the doors and make the introductions." I said to the orchestra's conductor. She nodded. "And, just light quiet music before we actually start the dance. Kyoya told you that, right?"

"Yes." She smiled.

"Okay, good the-"

"Rika-senpai!" The twins grabbed my arms.

"Wh-What? Geez, can't you tell I'm busy?" I scowled, trying to get out of their hold. They smiled. I rolled my eyes. What was it now?

"You haven't changed yet." They said. "And we still have to do your hair and makeup."

"Go ahead, dear." The conductor said, looking amused.