Part 30

"Hey, Mitsukuni, the car door was ripped off. Did you do that?" I asked casually, as the limo driver headed towards our neighborhood.

He nodded and grinned innocently. "Yup!"

Scary. How strong is he to be able to rip off a large chunk of metal from an even larger chunk of metal? He must have seen my expression because he giggled and said, "I just really wanted to get to you, Rika."

No, that's not an adequate excuse for such a show of extreme strength. I brushed it off though. It was Honey, after all. What could you expect? "Thanks for coming to get me. Again." I smiled. "You too, Mori." I turned to the quiet but strong presence sitting on the opposite side of Honey.

#+#-#()*
< Prev 30. The surprise aftermath

♥ Follow/Fav

Next >

He nodded.

Ring!

Hey, that was my phone! I fished it out of my pocket. "Hello?"

"Rika? Oh thank goodness, you're alright." It was Mom. She sounded genuinely concerned, and I thought I heard her let out a sigh too.

"Mom."

Honey glanced at me, looking concerned. His hand tightened around mine. I wrapped my fingers around his, squeezing back.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? They didn't do anything right? Who are you with right now?" Mom asked, rapidly firing the questions.

"I'm fine. No, they didn't hurt me. And I'm with Mitsukuni. He came to get me." I smiled. "Um, does Azumi know?"

"Yes, she was the one who informed me. Thank goodness." Mom was silent for a moment. "Then I'll see you at home in a few more hours."

"What? But aren't you at a business trip-"

"Yes, but I must come home now. I'm not going to let this incident pass like the last one. I just have to clear up some things and get home. Could you pass the phone to Haninozuka-kun?"

"Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because I would like to speak to him, that's why. Now pass the phone to him, Rika dear." Mom's voice turned stern. She wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Yes." I handed the phone to Honey. "Mom wants to talk to you." His eyes widened but he took the phone. "Hello?"