Part 34

"Um, Mitsukuni, was there something going on there?"
"Nope! Nothing at all," Honey replied innocently. Talk about being suspicious, and he was frowning. "Do you want to tell me about it?"
He shook his head stubbornly.

"But our promise..." I trailed off, staring at my bare feet. It would always be like this, wouldn't it? I felt like I barely knew a thing about Honey. Sure, he liked cake, strawberries, and virtually anything that's sweet, but what else? There had to be more to him than just that. What did he dislike? Was there anyone he hated?

"I'm sorry, Rika." Honey's handed tightened around mine. I glanced at him but his hair hid his eyes. "I told you-"

"I know." We stopped by the play structure, hidden from the rest of the Host Club here. He was still holding one of my hands, as he faced me. "It's selfish."

"So was what I said," I replied. "Please tell me."

♥ Follow/Fav

Next >

"But I'm not in a position to say something like this," Honey whispered.

"Why not?" Could it be? Was it something like jealousy? Ooh, that'd be so nice to hear from him. "Aren't we, um, dating?"

He squeezed my hand not as gently as before. What was going on? What was bothering him? I tilted my head, trying to see his eyes. Instead, I had a very nice view of Honey's bare skin, and before I could stop myself, my face was burning. Ahh, Mitsukuni, you're going to set my face on fire!

Then, just as abruptly, he let go. "Let's go eat cake, Ri-chan."

We headed towards the cafeteria. But without our hands linked, it seemed like we weren't together. For some reason, walking beside him, I felt lonelier than I ever had before.

It was about time I called Mikiya and see if they could come visit tomorrow. I was fairly dry by now, so I pulled my sweater on, then went to my bag to get my cellphone.

That's strange.

Panic began to fill me as I rummaged through the bag. Where was it? Where was it? I pulled the papers, pens, and my wallet out. My cellphone, keys, and camera were here. I lifted my bag upside down and shook it. Only a loose hundred yen coin fell out.

No.

It felt like my heart was about to stop.

I stood, barely registering the fact that I'd dropped my bag.

"Something wrong, Rika-senpai?" Haruhi asked.

"My bow - it's gone!" I practically screamed.