Chapter 20

"Who's Yuuta?" Honey asked.

"Hm, he's four years younger than me, and he's Goofy's little brother. Asari Yuuta. I thought he was such a brat when I first met him, but actually, he was so skinny, and he always looked like he'd tripped and fell to the ground. I don't know like always roughed up a bit. You could tell he didn't have an easy life."

"What was his life like then?"

"Difficult. Bad. Goofy's parents were divorced. His dad had left them when they were young. His mom worked very hard to raise the two of them. They didn't have much money, and his mom had her own troubles. She didn't care too much about her sons. She was rarely home." I sighed. "It's a depressing story."

"Mmm."

"Well, that evening, I spent hours on the computer, researching on all the gangs in the area. There was an interesting mix of gangs. Most of them were just a bunch of high schoolers that liked to fight and mess around the town. There was one biker gang that rode through town on their motorcycles, yelling and throwing trash at people. There were three gangs that were led by adults but they actually didn't do much. They protected their territory and that was about it.

So in the end, the most trouble would be the high schoolers.

I also found that the gangs hadn't always been in the town. They started popping up in the last one or two years. Before, the area had been quite peaceful. But now, if you walked around town alone, it was highly likely that you'd get mugged by whatever nearby gang.

Then I went through the school's database, searching for other students to join the gang. They'd have to be people with interesting and useful talents and ones secret.

The next day, I didn't say anything to Ryota.

Lunch time, I told Akane about seeing Mina climb the tree. 

"It was really cool! And I think she could totally join us." I said. "We'll form a club first, of course." 

"Ah, but I think Mina-san is already in a club." Akane said.

"She is? Which one?"

"The drama club, I think."

"Hm... So she knows how to act?" I turned to Akane for the answer.

She just shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you ask her?"

"Okay. Hey, hey, Akane-san. This weekend, do you want to go out with me?"

"Wh-What?" She whipped around at me with wide eyes and a faint blush. Her ears were turning red.

"I heard there's a really nice arcade in town! We should go check it out. What do you think?"

"Oh." She let out a quiet sigh. "Sure." She smiled.

After lunch, I peeked into class 1-A, the one that Mina was in. She was sitting in her seat talking quite cheerfully to a few other girls.

"Um, excuse me."

I moved to the side to let the kid behind me enter the room. It was Mikiya. He glanced at me curiously, probably wondering what in the world I was doing in front of the door.