Part 25

"I heard that you were late for the Chess Club today." Mom said.

I tried not to sigh. I wasn't mad at her anymore, just tired. So fucking tired of fighting against her. Eventually, I'd lose the will to, and I'd just submit. Hmm... Hopefully that'll be ages and ages hence!

"Where did you hear that?" I replied in a calm voice.

"I am friends with Minoru-kun's father, and we speak often. I also heard that you made an excellent show of your first day, winning against the best first-year. Good job."

"Thank you."

She chattered on a bit more. Somehow her attitude towards me had changed. Before, she was always so cheerful and just talked about all sorts of random things. But now she was a bit colder. What? Was she waiting for me to strike back? Guess she'll have to wait several months for that.

So tired. I lied down on my bed, staring up at my ceiling. So. Tired. But wait! Today is Friday, right? Which means... tomorrow is Saturday! I bolted out of my room, bursting into Kimiko's room.

"Kimiko! Kimiko-nee!" I yelled into the empty room. Her bathroom door opened, and she poked her head out.

"What?" She asked curiously. I hadn't been this excited in a looong time.

"Tomorrow!" I said. She tilted her head, staring at me with a worried look. "Tomorrow is Saturday, right?"

"Are you feeling alright, Rika?" She asked.

"It's Saturday right?! Yes!" I jumped, pumping my fists in the air. Then I twirled and skipped back to my room. "Saturday! Finally!"

In my room I jumped onto my bed, landing with a satisfied oof.

"So what's going on?" Kimiko asked, coming into my room. She closed the door. Lately she was much calmer these days. Ah, what a boyfriend can do.

"So, uh, Kimiko, how far have you gotten with your boyfriend?" I asked, as she sat down on my bed.

I grinned when I saw her blush. "What are you saying, Rika? Wh- How far do you think I've gotten?"

I sat up. "What? You guys have already kissed?"

"That hasn't happened yet!" She yelled, blushing madly.

"Hm."

What should I wear tomorrow? It's here! It's finally here!

Ring! Ring! I grabbed my phone. Mickey? So far he was the only one to call or email me, and I could understand why. For some reason, I didn't really want to communicate with the others until I'd actually met them in person again.