Part 33

I stood next to the pool, waiting for Ayako, Suzume, and Honey to come down from the waterslide. A moment later, someone came splashing in. Suzume resurfaced, laughing while pushing a loose light-brown

strand away. Her laughter was cut off when she noticed me smiling at her patiently.

"What is it?" She asked, not harshly but just rather hesitant and weary. Did she think I was going to bite her head off or something?

"We're ordering lunch. What do you want to eat?" I held the menu in front of her. She peered at it.

We were interrupted by another loud splash, and I could hear Ayako's wild giggles. Then something that I really didn't want to hear reached my ears: Honey's own laughter. Suzume poked the paper, regaining my attention.

"I'll take bento number 25." Suzume said before turning away and wading towards her friend.

Honey and Ayako were both sitting in one tube. Ridiculous. How did they even fit in that? The tube was obviously meant for only one, and sure Honey's small and skinny but still...

"Hey, Mitsukuni and Hayakawa-san, what do you two want for lunch?" I called, waving the menu at them.

Honey glanced at me, and I saw his eyes widen. He hopped off the tube and quickly came to me, crawling onto the concrete dripping wet.

"Lunch?" He asked unnecessarily.

I nodded. "Yeah, we're going to call in for our order soon. It's just you two left." I showed him the menu, and he glimpsed over it.

"I'll take number 12." He replied.
Ayako joined us. "Number 13 for me." Then she began walking away.

Honey looked at me and smiled warmly. "Thanks, Rika." His smile seemed like it could melt away the annoyed feelings I'd been having, but it didn't. He was still tromping around with that Ayako, sitting in the same tube. For all I know, he might have even gone on a date with her to the amusement park.

I sighed quietly, unaware that Honey was still standing in front of me even though Ayako had been calling his name for a while now.

"You better go, Mitsukuni." I said, turning away.

His hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me. "But you're a guest too, Rika. Which host did you request for today?"

I stared into those brown eyes. "I'm not a guest." I replied softly. "I'm a part-timer of the club." I smiled. "It gets me some work and trouble, but I also have special privileges." Then, in a louder voice, I said, "I have to get these lunch orders to Kyoya. I'll call you when lunch comes in, okay?"