Chapter 22

"Akane taught us all some English. When we were fighting other gangs, we used English for the most part to communicate. When we really had no idea what the other person was saying though, we'd switch to Japanese. But using English threw the opponents off and they wouldn't know what to expect from us. Like we could be yelling directions of what to do next, and they'd have no idea.

We'd challenge a few gangs every once in a while. Others would come and challenge us. Each time, we'd tell them that if they lost, they had to submit to us. Sometimes there were random ambushes by gangs, so we started traveling together. We became quite the well-known gang out there.

There were a few fights that ended in a draw. Some were interrupted by the police, and we all had to scramble. Those moments were scary and thrilling. I really am crazy, huh?" I grinned at the ceiling. "Then there were a few where we actually lost. Maybe three? And we'd just accept defeat. All our challenges had the condition that the side that lost could always get the chance for another challenge. So when we did lose, we'd just regroup and strategize a bit more than usual. Then challenge again! In the end though, we always win."

Then there was that one... I thought. I could feel a tingling sensation at my left side where the light brown scar was. That stupid gang.

"There was a biker gang, right? That one was fun. We rode around the streets on motorcycles. A lot of the days though, we'd actually spend in our club room. We'd do homework together and talk. I brought in some nice tea cups and a hot water maker. Mina brought in tea, and so we drank tea there a lot of the times.

We changed. Those four changed the most. I changed too though. I found that I really liked... commoners. I liked the town. I liked the people living there. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to go back to that stuffy place full of rich snobs. Ah, but, Ouran seems to be different." I smiled at Honey. "Maybe it's because the Host Club is there, but there doesn't seem to be that many snobby people. Or maybe I just haven't met any. Well, I guess it doesn't matter what economic status you have, there will always be those kinds of people around.

I think Ryota changed the most. He became a more considerate person. Not so closed off. He started telling us lame jokes, and we'd always grin at them. He was the one who found the 3 Musketeers. They were some of his old elementary school buddies, but they were in a different class. They joined us, and he always seemed happy talking and messing around with them.

Akane became more friendly to others too. I remember in our third and second year that she got so many confessions. She started talking to others more and smiling more. It was like something suddenly hit all the guys. Wham! They started chasing after her, confessing and giving her flowers and chocolates on all days and occasions.

At least it was a good thing Akane loved chocolate!" I grinned at the memory. She was so easy to bribe. All you had to do was offer her some delicious dark chocolate. She liked pocky too, but not as much as she liked chocolate.

"Mikiya and Mina, those two, mainly just had a nice confidence boost. They seemed happier too; Mikiya certainly did. But it took a while for us to come together and become good friends. After that little spat, I set up a bonding event to try and mend us back into a team. It worked, sort of, and then I treated them to ramen and ice cream. But, I guess, we really noticed our similarities after this one thing...