Part 41

We woke up at the same time as the day before, except I woke up with a grin. It was probably the first time I'd woken up feeling nothing but happiness and excitement.

Ah! I know what I forgot to do! I paused in the middle of brushing my teeth, then continued on. I had to message Akane about this news. Before breakfast, I sent a quick email to Akane, telling her that Mitsukuni and I were actually dating now. It was early in the morning, so I didn't expect an answer for a few hours.

After breakfast, I struggled with the hairclip for a moment, before giving up. It just wouldn't stick in my hair. Besides, it wasn't like I could practice martial arts with a piece of metal in my hair.

We climbed up the mountain once again. We trained for three hours once again. This time, Mitsukuni and Mori stayed behind to answer some questions and make sure that everyone got out of the dojos, so I went down the mountain with the two younger ones. Today was a nice day, just a bit hotter than before. The sun beat down on us from a clear blue sky, and the cicadas were particularly loud.

I changed out of the gi into some tan short shorts that I'd bought from the mall before and a white t-shirt with a bright yellow smiley face on it. Then, I hung around the youngsters to wait for Mitsukuni and Mori to join us for lunch. I poked around the bookshelves. They had several novels, one cookbook, a dictionary, a few old textbooks, and some kind of computer manual.

At about twelve, Mitsukuni and Mori arrived, and we began eating.

Bling!

I plucked my phone off the ground - an email. I tensed, as I opened it.

"From: Akane Subject: Hi

Congrats! Thank goodness the two of you sorted it out yourself. What are you gonna do about your crazy mom? If you ever need help, just ask. I'll happily beat your mom up! ^^ Jk, anyway, who do you want me to tell? The whole gang? The whole town?"

I smiled. Akane was so cute. Ah, but... crap. A dilemma.
"Rika, come on!"
I glanced up at Mitsukuni. "What? Where are we going?"
"The town!" he replied, grinning. He held out his hand. I took it, pulling myself to my feet. "Why?" I asked as we left the house.

"You'll see." He had a knowing smile. Hm... I'll just assume it's a good surprise. I turned back to my screen.

Ah, it'll be better to just reply now.

"Thanks! :) Dunno about mom. Lol, I know who to call if I ever need to beat someone up. I guess you should tell the whole gang."

I tucked my phone into my pocket. "So, where are we going? I thought you showed me the entire town yesterday."

"I did," Mitsukuni replied with a smile.

After a while, the town center appeared. Then, Mitsukuni pulled up in front of a very familiar store.