Chapter 6

His meaning of snacks turned out to be sweets. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but most of the snacks ended up down Honey's throat. We were crowding around at the kitchen counter, sitting on the bar stools and having some cake and tea. I sat down next to the twins, while Kyoya began writing in his black notebook.

"Rika-senpai," Hikaru said. "You know, when you were fighting Chika-chan..."

"You had a really scary face on." Kaoru said.

"Like what?" I asked. "Was I smiling?" The twins glanced at each other, communicating silently. They're good at it man.

"Yeah, sort of." Hikaru finally said with an unsure smile. "It looked like... you were ready to...um, Kaoru you say it!"

Kaoru frowned. "You look like you could murder someone."

Murder someone?

"Do you mean you saw bloodlust in my eyes?" I asked them calmly. I wasn't really surprised. My smiles had been a weapon during the gang years too. A smile while beating the crap out of someone could easily scare off the rest.

Made it so we didn't have to fight so many people. And the look of bloodlust... well beating people up would obviously result in some blood. I guess... Wow. I'm really demented, huh?

The twins nodded. I sighed.

"Aren't you going to tell us?" They asked in unison.

"Tell you what?"

"Why you've been fighting dirty for two years." Kaoru said.

"And why you try to act all prim and proper." Hikaru added with a smirk.

I had considered it since Kyoya already knew. And I figured they weren't the kinds of people who'd just go around blabbing. But I'd trusted Goofy, and this was where I was now...

"Nah. No thanks. Some other day," I replied.

"Kyoya knows, doesn't he?" Kaoru asked quietly.

Why were they still bothering me? Why didn't they go back to their usual harassment of Haruhi? Oh wait. Maybe that wouldn't be so good. Poor Haruhi. I feel for you girl!

"Of course he does. What does he not know?"

Hikaru grinned and chuckled. "That's true."

"Talking about me?" Kyoya asked, suddenly looming over us.

"Eep!" We squeaked. "No! Not at all!"

He smiled, adjusting his glasses. "Good."

Scary demon. Even though I trust him, he's still so scary!