Chapter 23

"Morinozuka-san, yes?" Azumi bowed at the tall figure before her. "Could you bring these things to Rika-sama?" She held out the yellow bundle and the glasses case.

"Ah." Mori replied with a slight dip of his head.

Azumi smiled. "Thank you." She bowed once again, before heading towards the main house. She knew now would not be a good time to see Rika. Azumi had heard the entire conversation and had even expected that Rika would put up a fight. It was surprising when she accepted it all so easily, so she wasn't surprised that Rika had gone to the Haninozuka home the moment her mother left.

Azumi sighed quietly. The Hayashi family was troublesome. Maybe she should find a new job.

Mori knocked on Honey's bedroom door, then he stepped in. The sight of Honey and Rika curled up next to each other made him smile.

"Rika-san, please wake up." Mori said quietly, shaking the girl awake.

"Ugh." Rika mumbled some incoherent words, rolling onto her back. She opened her eyes slowly, trying to focus her blurry eyesight on the familiar face. "Hm."

"A maid brought your uniform and glasses." Mori said. His voice woke her up some more. It was quite rare to hear him speak after all.

"Okay. Thanks." Rika buried her face back into the pillow.

"Rika-san, please get up soon. And wake Mitsukuni up too." Then Mori was gone. Rika sighed, sitting up.

"Mitsukuni, wake up." Rika said, rubbing at her eyes. "Today is Monday, right? Yeah, today's Monday." She sighed. She'd left the pictures at the house. "Honey, come on. Wake up. Mitsu-chan, get up now. Come on." She started shaking him, rolling him back and forth.

"Okay." He grumbled quietly.

Rika grabbed her uniform and her glasses. It must have been Azumi. She stepped into Honey's bathroom. "Ah! Hey, uh, Mitsukuni, can I take a shower?"

That woke Honey up. He sat up quickly, glancing around in confusion. "Huh? What? Uh, yeah sure. Um, I'll go get you a towel!"

"Okay. Thank you!" Rika called out.

Honey dashed out of the room and grabbed the nearest servant. When he returned to his room, a sudden thought struck him. "Wait, Rika, what about your hand?"

"It should be okay!"

He could hear the water running. Blushing, he went to his closet to change. "D-Did you take the bandages off?"

"Uh... Yeah."

Someone knocked on the door. A maid handed Honey a towel. Now how was he supposed to get it to her? Wouldn't she have to open the door? "Rika, the towel is here. And Dr. Maruya can rebandage your hand later."

"Okay."