Chapter 21

"It was against the Akawari High gang. It's the high school Mickey, Minnie, Akane, and Goofy all go to right now." "Oh, Kyoya did say that." Honey said, nodding in recollection.

"Yeah. They were a pretty small group compared to other ones. They didn't bother the other gangs. They just terrorized the high school and middle school. Mikiya suggested them first, since once news got out that we were a gang, they'd come and pick on us first, right? Since we were technically a gang in their 'area,' which is the Akawari schools.

So we all agreed. Ryota didn't care. Akane didn't. I didn't. We all just wanted to get started. We were sitting in our clubroom...

Mikiya slapped the piece of paper in front of me. "There! What do you think, Akamatsu-san?"

"You can just call me Rika," I said, picking the paper up. I wasn't used to being called Akamatsu anyway.

He'd written, in very nice handwriting, "We are the Akawari Middle School gang, and we challenge you, the Akawari High gang, to a fight. If we win, you and your gang will submit to us. No weapons allowed. If any are used, you automatically forfeit. The loser side maintains the right to challenge again. We will meet 7 PM in front of Akawari High tomorrow."

"So? What do you think...uh, Rika-san?" Mikiya asked, fidgeting in front of me. Akane came over and read it over my shoulder. "That means 'weapons.'" I said, pointing at the kanji for it.

She nodded, continuing to read quietly. I handed it over to her, and Ryota came to read it too. "Looks good to me. Now we just have to deliver it." I turn to Mina, who had been sitting next to Mikiya.

She pointed at herself. "Me? You want me?"

"You're going to be our spy for now." I told her with a smile. "Since you know how to act. You're fast, right? You can escape by yourself fine, right?"

"I-I suppose," She said, looking away worriedly.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Mina?" Mikiya asked. "You don't have to. Let me do it!" He turned to me with pleading eyes.

"No." Mina shook her head. "Let me do it. It's the least I can do to help you guys, right?" Our gazes met. Her brown eyes were lit in fiery determination. I liked the look. "I mean, you promise, right, Akamatsu-san? In the end, you'll bring peace to this town, right?"

"Yes. I promise." I held out my hand. She stood, understanding the meaning, and we shook hands. 

"It'll take a while though." Mina smiled, looking extremely relieved. "I think we have time. Okay, hand me the letter. Let's do this!"

Mikiya was the one who suggested a camera. He took a webcam and tried to place it somewhere on Mina where it wouldn't be too obvious but could have a good view. Eventually, Ryota got too fed up watching Mikiya running in circles.