Chapter 14

"Hey, Rika-senpai! Rika-senpai!"

"What?" I turned around in the hallway to face the ever-so-enthusiastic twins. It was only second hour, and they were already so excited.

"What are you going to wear for the ball?" "Ball?!"

"Yeah!" The twins said, grinning and making a thumbs-up at me. "Don't you know that the Host Club is having a ball next Saturday?"

It was Friday. The day after that terrible incident.

"I don't have to go right?" I asked.

"Of course you have to!" Kaoru said.

"It's part of the contract." Hikaru said in a failed attempt of a whisper. Luckily, it seemed the nearby students were too busy chatting about the ball to hear.

I rolled my eyes. Honey and Mori were standing patiently by. We had been on our way to our next class.

"You guys can design a dress then." I said, though I had a feeling I'd regret it. I could hear them cheering and high-fiving as I turned around. "However!" I spun back with a glare while pointing at them. "Make it plain. No frills, no crazy neon and super bright colors, and no high heels. Also, the skirt has to be at least to my knees and not any shorter. Nothing too revealing either, and no hoop ring skirts or whatever those creepy things are called. Oh and no corsets or weird things like that."

"Okay, okay." The twins said, each clapping an arm on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Rika-senpai. We'll make a nice dress for you." They stared at each other, silenting communicating.

"Oh, I'm sure you will." I smiled at them while letting a dark aura surround me.

The twins froze and began stepping away. "Because you guys are sweet, little boys who do as told, yes?"

"Yes!" Then they left in a hurry.

I sighed. "Let's go to class, Honey." I fell into step next to the said boy. He'd been giving me that stare all morning. It was a calm and observant stare, as if he was just waiting for me to give something away.

"I already told you, Honey." I said quietly, so that only he could hear. "I'll tell you eventually what it all means."

"But your 'eventually' could mean years from now." He replied back, not looking my way.

"Well it won't be years. I can at least promise you that. Give me a few weeks, Honey. I'm not ready to tell you guys yet."

"Does that mean you don't trust us?" He glanced at me. It was that look again: watchful, calm, and thoughtful.

"No." I turned away. It felt like his gaze would drill the truth out of me. "I do trust you guys. It's just that... It's risky to tell you guys."