Ch 9

3rd POV:

"You start school on Monday, daughter. Make sure you get along with her."

"Yes Father."

"Go and check out the school. There probably aren't a lot of people there right now."

"Yes Father."

"Be careful. Use your brain."

"Yes Father."

Rika's POV:

After my last class, I packed up my books and left the room as quickly as possible. I was not going to stay after school today. But instead of calling Azumi to send the car, I walked out of the school gates and turned left.

I sighed, trekking quietly down the sidewalk. After a while, I found the small park. There was a wide open, grassy field dotted with wildflowers along with a play structure and swings on the dirt part of the park. It was a nice clear day, cool and just a bit windy. The sun was warm on my face. It was already late spring. I couldn't wait for summer break. I could probably ask Mom and Dad for a vacation, all by myself, somewhere far, far away from here. I sat down on the swing and started swinging. I was not going to go home for a while.

Ring.

I stopped swinging and found my phone in my bag. Kimiko. I tossed the phone back into my backpack. Screw it all. Instead, I sat on the swing and read my books.

"Rika-senpai?"

Huh? Who? I looked up and found Haruhi standing in front of me, carrying a paper bag loaded with-

"Instant coffee?" I said, eyes widening. Akane had loved that stuff.

Haruhi nodded. "Yeah. Have you ever had some before?"

"Uh-huh," I nodded and smiled at the resurfacing memories. "It's pretty good.

Can't beat hot chocolate though."

She grinned, sitting down at the swing next to me. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going to officially join the Host Club today."

"I was supposed to, but forget it." I replied with a sigh.

"What happened?"

Aw, Haruhi's so innocent. I smiled. "It's nothing to worry about."

"Does it have something to do with that attack?"