Part 55

Nyeh heh heh! Its almost over my lovies... are you ready? BECAUSE I"M NOT!!!!!! *sobs profusely*

3rd POV:

"How did it go?" Mori asked Honey.
He shrugged. "I-I don't know. Good, I guess? She did say she wants to get back together." He faked

a smile. He was a bit worried, though. How much time did she want? And how much time could he

a smile. He was a bit worried, though. How much time did she want? And how much time could he give?

It turned out that he didn't have to wait long, because his doorbell rang late in the evening that same day. He was told it was Rika who asked that he just come to the door.

"Um," she said when she saw him. "I-I just came to tell you one thing."

"Do you want to come in?" he asked.

She shook her head. "No. It's okay." She forced a smile, and he could see right through it.

"I have cake though," he said. "Good cake. Chocolate mint cake." Her eyes lit up just slightly, and he knew he got her. He smiled. "From a special baker."

Her mouth opened and shut. Then she said, "It-It-"

He grabbed her wrist and began dragging her in. "Come on! I'm sure you'll like it."

"Ah. Um. Okay."

As they walked, he worried if he was being too pushy. What if she didn't even like the cake? And what if she noticed that he wasn't holding her hand but her wrist? What if she-

They arrived at the kitchen, where the half-eaten cake remained. A maid quickly brought over an extra plate and fork, and he cut her a slice.

"Try it." He managed to grin.

Rika glanced at him and nodded, then took a bite. It was delicious. Just the right amount of minty freshness to balance the sweetness of the chocolate. "Mmm. It's good." The cake made her feel a bit better, and the conversation she just had with Akane helped too. Maybe she could tell him. No. She had to tell him, or they'd never get over this hurdle.

"You like it?" he asked.

"Yeah!" She managed to smile. "I love mint. And it kind of reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream."

"Yeah. It does." He smiled. It almost looked genuine.
They ate silently, both brooding over their own thoughts and worries. She waited until she was done