CHAPTER 43

Sera POV

" This is soo... good you should have some". He eyes were fixated on me while I was sucking popsicle after a wonderful lobster and God help me why's he giving me the look " I think that's enough popsicles for you ". " Noooo...Rigo I want it ". " I have to talk to you right now eat anything else but not this". He said and threw them in... DUSTBIN. " RIGO!!!". He was in front of me in a second and hovered over me "Don't ever raise your voice at me Precious, you'll not like the after effects It's an Oreo Promise". He said his lips hovering over mine and ham  this man is intense  , I was going to object but the look on his face changed to a leader and not my Rigo..."I am not going to go round and round in circles , What do you know about your dad ?" My dad..." Why Amerigo?". He looked at me and thought for a moment before he grabbed me by my hips and made me straddle him , I instinctively rested my head in his shoulders. "Answer me precious". My eyes started filling with tears , I never got to know him...at all      " He left Rigo even before I was born , he left everything behind". He started combing my hairs and rested his nose in my neck as if he's seeking something for some comfort too...my Rigo was back...I took a breath "  He was supposed to show me this world and teach me to face it but he himself left this world..." I said devoid of any emotion  " He's alive" . " I am sorry??" 

" I am still trying to figure out things precious but he's very alive , he's or was the leader of Russian mafia, good friend of mine father back in days but right now the biggest rival ".  I was in a turmoil, he was alive and didn't came to see me once??? Mom and Uncle said he died in a car accident And Russian mafia?? " So he's a Mafia leader and hated me so much that didn't even saw my face once ?? ". I asked him " You don't sound much surprised". " I never had anything to do with him Rigo , I never got to have a father daughter bond with him , I was just devasted because he didn't got a chance to meet me , my own mom and uncle lied to me , My whole life seems like a biggest lie right now, I don't know how to react other then just listen to you like you are telling me a story of some man and not my dad and that's my choice for now atleast". " Then a story it is , long years ago..."  .

" Haha, I'm not a kid Rigo ". " No you aren't precious you are a nutcase baby squirrel anyways So long time ago all the criminal families were fighting over power many lost the battle and vanished at the end only six survived the big six out of which a King is selected through a game, a game of death, it's conducted in such a way that all the other participants that is one from each family has to die except for the best...". " You...played it too?". I looked at him he has too because he's a king so he won....I have no doubt he is literally the best .."I did , your father did and before that my grandfather did ". My father too...." A new generation has to take over if the king resigns or die " he said and I asked him to continue " Your dad was king before me but after marrying your mother Rosa Clark he resigned and I took over ". " He resigned for my mother??".     " As far as I know he is ruthless Sera, he don't do love personally I don't think he resigned because of your mother there has to be some other reason your mother was arranged to marry him as I told you it's a power show and a King has to have a Queen and a heir he's really good at what he does Sera , he taught me things that have helped me through many things in this lifestyle". He basically respected my father I know he won't say it out loud .

The question that's eating me
"Why the bell my  mom and Uncle Mark  lied to me ?". I asked him  " Mark is Jake's second hand I don't know their reasons for turning against us nor do I know why your mother lied to you but if Mark was involved in your life then so was Jake  you know your father is a smart man and he must had a reason for doing what he did , the Mafias no matter what respect their family and he did too but he's a damn nuisance Precious ". He said and I looked at him puzzled "I am confused Rigo , My whole identity was a mirage? A ducking Mafia? My dad, my mom, Uncle all of them a liar , did they even wanted me ? " I'm holding back my tears just because of Amerigo, how will you feel when you don't even know who exactly you are ? It's like my world is crashing down slowly as I am registering what Rigo said , What am I ? Who am I exactly? Did anybody even ever loved me or was it all fake? .

Thousands of thoughts were racing through my mind when  He took my face in both of his  hands and I looked at him " You are Sera the sexy nutcase baby squirrel that belongs to me Amerigo Greco till your last breath that's what is real , that's not a lie , that's your identity and that's not a mirage my precious". He said kissing my forehead and I cried, I can't take it, I cried and hugged him. He's the only thing real right now.    

" Don't leave me Rigo, don't ever  leave me and please don't punish me for crying this time just this time ". I chanted this again and again, the moments with my mom and Uncle Mark   flashing before my eyes especially the beach where she taught me so much about love . Did she loved dad? And if she did why did they separated? Was it because of me ?  All the questions are making me exhausted and Rigo combing my hairs feels good.

**************************************