2. Nicer Than You

Taelon smiled smugly back at Daemon.

''Where is your sister?' Daemon questioned

''Why do you want her?'' Taelon countered.

''She is my niece and nicer to me than you.'' Daemon remarked

''Only because she doesnt know you like I do.'' Taelon countered with a cheeky grin.

' He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light.'

''Does my father know hes here.'' Rhaenyra questioned as she walked to meet her uncle Daemon she was outside the throne room doors as Taelon and Daemon spoke.

'No.'

'Good.' Rhaenyra answered

Taelon reached forward he was an excellent pick pocket and nabbed the necklace from daemons jacket as he turned to sit upon the throne

''Be a good raven and tell Rhaenyra im here.'' Daemon remarked. Taelon smirked but turned on his heel just for the door to open.

''Nyra''. Taelon said sweetly

''Taelon whats going on?'' Rhaenyra asked grabbing onto his hand.

''Daemon is here to cause trouble of course''. Taelon remarked kissing her head. ''I will find you later.'' Taelon told her with a wink before heading off.

'Gods be good.' Daemon declared he sat on the iron throne. It would be his one day he was testing it out. But Rhaenyra guard was not pleased.

'It's all right, ser.' Rhaenyra said as she approached her uncle. He hoped down from the throne to meet her.

'Aye... Mm... hmmm... That little cunt.'' Daemon remarked shoving his hands in his pockets as he glared at the door.

"Uncle Daemon?'

"I'm going to murder your brother." Daemon declared.

"Treason." Rhaenyra told him calmly.

"He is a cunt." Daemon corrected.

"I love my brother, you best watch yourself uncle." Rhaenyra countered.

"You used to like me." Daemon reminded her.

"I still do."

+

'Did you read it?' Alicent questioned as they sat under a tree a large book in her lap as Rhaenyra stared up at the sky, not paying attention. The world of politics bored her.

'Of course, I read it.' Rhaenyra answered

'When Princess Nymeria arrived in Dorne, who did she take to husband?'

'A man.' She answered bored out of her mind

'What was his name?' Alicent pushed.

'Lord Something.'

'If you answer with "Lord Something," Septa Marlow will be furious.'

'She's funny when she's furious.' Rhaenyra told her with a smirk

'You're always like this when you're worried.' Alicent remarked.

'Like what?' she asked staring up at her.

'Disagreeable.' Alicent told her. Rhaenyra stared at her, a bit annoyed 'You're worried your father is about to overshadow you with a son.'

'I only worry for my mother. I hope for my father that he gets another son. As long as I can recall, it's all he's wanted.' Rhaenyra told her honestly. "Taelon and him butt heads..."

'You want him to have a son?'

'I want to fly with you on dragon back, see the great wonders across the Narrow Sea, and eat only cake.' Rhaenyra told her.

'I'm being serious.'

'I never jest about cake.' Rhaenyra assured. "Taelon prefers a liquid diet of ale and rum though which I never understood. Not when the cakes at the castle are so delicious."

"Taelon is all muscle." Alicent remarked. Nyra nodded in agreement. 'You aren't worried about your position?'

'I like this position. It's quite comfortable.' Rhaenyra mused adjusting on the ground. But Alicent got up and Rhaenyra's head which was in her friends lap dropped to the ground 'Where are you going?'

"Taelon is the heir, your father is praying the Gods old and new for another son. Does that not bother you?" Alicent questioned.

"Why should it?" Rhaenyra countered. "Where are you going?"

'Home. The hour has grown late.' Alicent told her stubbornly.

'Princess Nymeria led her Rhoynar across the Narrow Sea on 10,000 ships to flee their Valyrian pursuers.' Rhaenyra said getting up. Alicent looked at her baffled. 'She took Lord Mors Martell of Dorne to husband and burned her own fleet off Sunspear to show her people that they were finished running.' Rhaenyra took the page tearing it out of the book

'What are you doing?' Alicent questioned as Rhaenyra handed it to her.

'So you remember.'

'If-if the Septa sees this book, then...' Alicent said nervously as she looked at the torn page in her hand

'fսck the Septa.'

'Rhaenyra!' she declared as they both started laughing.

+

''Nyra. I got you something.'' Taelon remarked holding out the necklace that he nabbed off daemon. Rhaenyra reached for it but Taelon pulled it back. ''Do you know what it is?''

''Valaryan steel.'' Rhaenyra both asked and told. ''Like Asgard.'' She remarked and Taelon smiled his eyes drifting to his sword at his hip.

''Thats right. It's beautiful no?''

''Yes.' Rhaenyra agreed.

''Would you like it?'' Taelon questioned and Nyra nodded eagerly. She lifted her hair as he walked around her slowly. He clasped it around her neck letting his fingers linger on her skin. ''Beautiful.'' He kissed her cheek as she smiled at him in the reflection.