39. Let Me Worship You

"Maybe you find some handsome man and fall in love at first sight." Taelon offered. Nyra shook her head vigorously. 

"I don't want to go." Nyra whimpered hugging him. 

"Raven me, all the time." Taelon instructed Nyra. "And if you need me, I will be there." Nyra sniffled up her tears. "Try and think of the good..."

"What?" 

"I don't know." Taelon admitted. 

"Ready?" Tommen asked. 

"I wish you were coming." Nyra whispered. 

"Ouch, Nyra..." Tommen declared putting a hand on his heart. "You wound me. I am very much wounded. Taelon catch me, I think she just shot me in the heart!" Tommen mused tipping back with a chuckle. 

"He's good company. Will keep an eye on you." Taelon assured. "Just an eye." Taelon warned. Tommen crossed a finger over his heart before saluting Taelon. 

"You get used to his... dramatics." Taelon remarked kissing her forehead. "I will see you soon." Nyra nodded sadly as she hugged him again. 

+

'Prince Daemon. I bring word from His Grace, Viserys Targaryen, first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.' A knight held out a scroll to daemon he took it reading it over his face void of emotion. Then he was filled with rage, he started to bludgeon the messenger, through a muffled cries he begged him to stop.

'That's enough! Stop!' Joffrey said pulling daemon off.

'Brother... I have ordered 10 ships and 2,000 men to set sail from King's Landing to join the effort in the Stepstones. Though time and circumstance have seen us estranged, know that it is not my desire to see you fail in your cause. It is instead my hope that this aid will deliver the victory that has thus far evaded us. I shall pray nightly to the gods for your safe return.' Viserys had wrote and it pained Daemon to read the words.

Daemon waved the white flag of surrender, he was met in the middle of the field, he relinquished his blade as they prepared for the worst.

' Nock.' Arrows were loaded into bows

' Draw.' They held ready. Daemons blade was taken from his hands and a moment of silence passed before Daemon lunged a second blade in his hand and he attacked. Running and dodging through the soldiers as arrows flew all around him.

' Loose!' arrows thwacked

'Loose!' daemon dodged and sliced his silver hair stained with the blood of his kills.

'Loose!' more arrows soared but daemon wasn't stopping

'Loose!' Daemon made his way to cover panting for breath as more soldiers came charging out. He broke the arrow from his chest as his eyes searched the sky. Daemon used his sword to pull himself off the ground, trapped then circled around him but he wasn't done. Suddenly flames covered the land.

'Dracarys!' the soldiers screamed out as they were burned to a crisp. Daemon glanced up to see none other than Taelon and Ragnarok riding forth to save the day. Daemon was never going to live this down. 

'Nock!' they loaded their bows again but seeing the dragon their arrows were useless.

'Dragon!' they screamed running for their lives. Taelon had just claimed their victory.

'Whoo! Dracarys!' Taelon declared.

Daemon stood the victor blood dripping down his face.  But his satisfied grin faltered as Taelon landed.