33. No Go

Taelon flew Ragnarok to the reach after almost another full moon with Thorin and Rhae. He sent the rest of his traveling companions ahead to the reach.

He slid off Ragnarok and Tommen heard the women swoon.

"Right on time." Taelon remarked. "Let's get this over with."

"That's the spirit!" Tommen declared.

"Lady Tyrell, what an honor. I'm so sorry for the delay." Taelon remarked kissing her hand.

"Oh, that's quite alright..." She assured him.

Taelon listened as the woman boasted about their knowledge of language and knitting, their love of children, some mothers even remarked upon proper child bearing hips for their daughters. Taelon nodded and smiled as Tommen kept his cup full.

"So lovely. All of you, really." Taelon assured. A week of flowers and skimpy dresses and Taelon was ready to leave.

"You used to be more fun." Jaime remarked. "What's gotten into you?"

"Fatherhood changed our Taelon." Tommen remarked.

Perhaps it did. But Taelon knew two things. He wanted to see Thorin and he wanted to go home.

Moon after moon, each region they traveled Taelon was kind and respectful as he declined every woman.

+

"Any news from Taelon?" Nyra asked hopefully.

"Another dead end at winterfell it seems." Viserys remarked. "that boy is picky. He fucked his way through the capital but now he is being choosey."

"Perhaps the capital it where the love of his life is?" Nyra offered and Viserys chuckled.

"You know he asked for your hand." Viserys mused and Nyra stared back at him.

"Why didnt you-"

"An odd request." Viserys went on.

"Is it though?" Nyra countered.

"You are still a child." Viserys remarked.

"You married Alicent, she is no older than I." Nyra countered and Viserys stared back at her.

"Well... yes I suppose." Viserys agreed.

"Taelon and I get along great, why... not us?" Nyra pushed.

"To strengthen our allies. Join new houses." Viserys reminded her. "Don't worry. I will find you a match as well."

+

Rhae had grown quite used to Taelon in her bed. At first when she was to be wed to Daemon she thought marrying a prince, wow, little ole her. But then Daemon was Daemon and Rhae was alone.

She rolled over leaning her chin on Taelon's chest. His hand wrapped around her back.

"Are you going back?" Rhae asked softly.

"I have a new brother." Taelon remarked. "Aegon they named him... father wants me back with an answer... a future queen."

"I understand." Rhae said again.

"I suppose asking you to come back to the capital with Thorin isn't an option?" Rhae kissed his chest before resting her cheek against him. "Do you want me to say anything?" Taelon asked. "About Thorin?"

"I don't think so." Rhae remarked. "At least for now." she offered. Taelon nodded understanding. "I just want to protect him."

"I know. I know... I'm sorry I put you in this situation."

"I'm not." Rhae countered. "I love Thorin and I loved our time together."

Taelon picked up Thorin and he started babbling immediately.

"You be good for you mama, alright?" Taelon instructed. "I will be back soon I hope."

"No go." Thorin told him shaking his head as Taelon hissed his little head.

"Love you little man." Taelon said putting him back down.

"No go!" Thorin declared hugging Taelon's leg. THorin stood on Taelon's foot as he walked, Thorin clinging on. Taelon chuckled down at him. "NO GO!"

"I don't know Taelon, but you might want to listen to him." Rhae offered.

"I will see you both soon." Taelon assured hugging her. Rhae nodded taking THorin from Taelon. Thorin cried out reaching for Taelon.

"NO GO! NO GO!" Thorin begged. Taelon looked to his little trembling lips.

"Be good for your mama." Taelon said again kissing his little head. "See you soon. Okay? See you soon."

"See ouu soon." Thorin repeated.

+

Nyra thought that when Taelon came back without a bride that it would be her chance but Taelon seemed different.

"Taelon!" Nyra declared hugging him tight.

"Hey love bug, I missed you." Taelon declared holding onto her. Viserys looked less happy to see him. "Goodness, you have gotten even prettier." Nyra smiled up at him waiting for him to declare her as his bride to be. But he didnt.

"Father." Taelon remarked keeping an arm around Nyra.

"I suspect the lack of communication and no woman on your arm means the tour was unsuccessful." Viserys remarked.

"I got Nyra." Taelon countered giving her a squeeze.

"You spent a lot of time in Runestone." Viserys remarked.

"I did." Taelon agreed.

"Anyone special?"

"Yes." Taelon agreed. "Shame she was already married though." Taelon added. Nyra stared back up at him perplexed. "So, we have a brother. What joyous news. I'm a good brother, right Nyra? This one will be a piece of cake."

"The best." Nyra assured softly.