44. There is No Us

''I'm only a mere mortal man.'' Tommen reminded him. "What was I supposed to do?''

"Not fuck my sister!" Taelon countered.

"I tried that." Tommen remarked. "She threw herself at me. There was no stopping." Taelon wanted to punch him. SO he did. Tommen stumbled back. "I'm sorry, mate. Honest. But Nyra-"

"My sister! Mine. You tainted her. You ruined her."

"No one knows-' Taelon punched him again. "Stop that!" Tommen begged as blood ran down his nose and into his mouth.

"How do you think I found out!" Taelon countered.

"Taelon, mate, I'm really sorry." Tommen remarked. "Please, it was just..."

"Sex? Fucking my sister was just sex to you?"

"That's not... I didn't mean..." Tommens face pinched.

"Tommen," Taelon clenched his fists at his sides. "You are my oldest friend, a brother to me. But I need you to not be near me right now or I might kill you."

"I understand." Tommen said as he backed up. "I am sorry Taelon."

"OUT!"

+

"Taelon-''

"Why!" Taelon demanded. "Nyra after everything, why go with Daemon? Why fuck Tommen!"

"Taelon I-"

"They want to marry you to Laenor Velaryon. I couldnt change their minds." Taelon remarked. "I came to your room last night, didnt see you there. I told Ser Criston you were asleep. I wanted to tell you that I was willing to run with you." Nyra stared back at him speechless. "Then I find out you fucked TOmmen."

"taelon I can explain-" Nyra begged.

"I was trying to protect you and now Daemon is telling anyone with ears that he fucked you!" Taelon declared. "And he has enough witnesses that saw you with him that believe him."

"Taelon-" Nyra whimpered.

"I wanted you Nyra. I wanted us but now..." Taelon shrugged turning away.

"What about us?"

"There is no us anymore Nyra." Taelon told her and she saw her own broken heart reflected in his eyes. "There is no us."

+

'That dagger once belonged to Aegon the Conqueror. It was Aenar's before that. And before that... well, it is difficult to know. Before Aegon's death, the last of the Valyrian pyromancers hid his song in the steel.' Viserys said holding out a blade over the fire, a message was revealed.

"From my blood... come the Prince That Was Promised... and his will be the Song of Ice and Fire." Rhaenyra read

'You are a princess... the princess... Jaehaerys would've disinherited you.'

'For a lie?' Rhaenyra countered 'You've yet to ask me for the truth of what happened.' she couldnt stop her voice from breaking. Taelon wouldnt look at her after that and she saw Tommen moping around the halls.

'The truth does not matter, Rhaenyra. Only perception. You have exposed yourself. Now we must both suffer the consequences.' Viserys told her solemnly.

'Were I born a man, I could bed whomever I wanted. I could father a dozen bastards, and no one in your court would blink an eye.' Rhaenyra countered.

'You are right... but you were born a woman.' VIserys agreed. 'Your courtship is at an end. You will wed Ser Laenor Velaryon, and you will do so without protest. The son of the Sea Snake.'