49. Someone's Everything

"Taelon, who's this?" Nyra asked and Thorin waved back at her. 

"Nyra, this is Thorin." Taelon introduced. Nyra waited for more but Taelon didnt offer more. 

"Nice to meet you Thorin." Nyra remarked. Taelon's gaze was harsh as he watched Daemon move the floor. 

''Has anybody ever told you you're nearly as pretty as your brother?'' Daemon said as he danced around Laena. 

''Well, you flatter me, my Prince.'' LAena told him ''I was sorry to hear about your lady wife.''

''Don't be, I wasn't. My lady was never very kind to me.'' Daemon remarked locking eyes with Taelon across the way. 

''I know who it is.'' Joffrey mused to Laenor

''Hm? The handsome paramour. Who?''

''Ser Criston Cole.'' Joffrey remarked

''Her sworn protector?'' Laenor countered looking across the dance floor to him. Joffrey shrugged. 

"If the shoe fits." Joffrey remarked. 

"I'm going to kill him." Taelon murmured. "Tommen, take Thorin."

"No." Thorin declared reaching out for him. 

"I'll be right back." Taelon assured kissing his forehead. 

"Alright, I'm not as strong as Taelon apparently." Tommen remarked putting Thorin down. "Can you hold my hand?" Thorin held to Tommen's hand as he watched Taelon move through the crowd but Gerold stopped him. 

"Who is he?" Nyra asked Tommen. "Really?" 

"Thorin, you want to dance?" Tommen countered, "Lets dance. Nyra, find a partner, yeah?" Tommen remarked moving through the crowd. 

'A Targaryen prince, a dashing knight, and a dragon rider. You appear to be every young maiden's dream.'' Laena remarked to daemon

''That's only because you don't know me yet.'' Daemon countered

''I believe Ser Criston has bloodied that white cloak of his with your bride's maidenhead.'' Joffrey sniggered

''Oh, keep your voice down.'' Laenor hissed

''Perhaps that is something we might remedy, my Prince.'' Laena offered moving around him her hand trailing down his chest.

''Perhaps it is.'' Daemon agreed walking off.

"Daemon wants to claim runestone." Gerold informed Taelon stiffly. 

"It is not his to claim." Taelon countered. 

"I know that. You know that. But very few knew of Thorin. I don't want to lose my home to that cunt." Gerold remarked. 

"You won't." Taelon assured. 

"Will you claim Thorin as your own?" Gerold questioned. 

"I wanted to when Rhae first told me of him." Taelon remarked. "He is mine, I will claim him as ours, Rhae and mine. Runestone will stay under the Royce's capable hands." Taelon offered. "With family." 

"Thank you." Gerold grabbing Taelon's hand giving it a firm shake. 

"It doesnt matter though, I'm killing him tonight." Taelon remarked.

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered

''They make a handsome match, don't they?''

''What?'' Criston questioned turning to Joffrey.

''Well, the Princess and Ser Laenor.'' Joffrey told him smugly. ''Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, or the Knight of Kisses, they call me, though I don't know why.'' He introduced.

'' I'm on watch. What's your business?''

''You don't know me, Ser Criston. But we are both deeply invested in this union.''

''If you have something to say, Ser Joffrey, speak it.'' Criston hissed he didnt know why everyone was accusing him of such things. First the queen and now this cunt was making vague accusations. What did he ever do besides me a good an honorable knight?

''Ser Laenor is quite dear to me. As I know... the Princess is to you. We should swear to each other to guard them, and their secrets, because if those are kept safe... then so are we all'' Joffrey told him.

''May I, Ser Harwin?'' Daemon said stepping into his place on the dance floor.

''Of course, my Prince.'' Harwin remarked stepping away immediately. Nyra groaned as Daemon grabbed her hand. He pulled her closer and Nyra's gaze shifted to Tommen and Thorin. Pleading with him silently, find Taelon. 

''Is this what you want?'' Daemon asked as Tommen scooped up Thorin. 

''I was not aware that what I wanted matter to you.' Rhaenyra countered

'This is not for you.'' he told her ''he is a good man in a fine night he will bore you senseless.''

''Marriage is only a political arrangement I hear.'' Rhaenyra reminded him.

''Mine was recently dissolved.'' Daemon reminded her. 

"Uncle." Taelon seethed shoving him out of the way. "Come Nyra, best not waste time with the riff raff." Taelon remarked pulling her closer. 

"You had a bastard Taelon. I'm sure your father will be so proud. His heir's firstborn son, a bastard." Daemon remarked. Taelon huffed a breath standing face to face with Daemon. 

"You killed Rhae." 

"You can't believe those Royce cunts-"

"I will kill you Daemon. You took a boys mother, someone's daughter, someone's friend, someone's everything." Taelon seethed. "Had you taken your head out of your own ass long enough, you would have seen that she was a wonderful woman. and now, a little boy has to grow up without a mother." Taelon said through gritted teeth and then it registered who Taelon's bastard belonged to. Daemon opened his mouth, a seething breath when screams broke out. 

Suddenly everyone was fighting, scrambling to get away. Ser Joffrey felt lightheaded blood trickled from his nose as Criston beat Joffrey to a pulp. 

Laenor looked at his lover dead on the floor he crawled over to him his head bashed in blood seeping around him he cried out.

"What in the Seven Hells is going on?"

"Stop this!" Corlys demanded

''Where's Rhaenyra?'' Viserys shouted.

+

"Kill him tomorrow." Taelon hissed. 

"ready?" Tommen asked as Taelon pulled Nyra outside. 

"You ready for an adventure?" Taelon asked picking up Thorin. 

"He is your son." Nyra realized. 

"He is." Taelon agreed. "What do you say? Still want me?" Taelon mused and Nyra leaned up kissing him. 

"Well now I know why you were so against-" Tommen began but Taelon swatted a hand at him. 

"Let's go." Nyra agreed.

+

"Where is Rhaenyra? Where is Taelon?" Viserys demanded looking around. Alicent put a hand on her stomach as she looked for them. But saw them nowhere in sight.