66. Family Affair

''Keep breathing.'' Rhaenyra gasped for breath as she pushed and pushed. Her fifth child with Taelon and she had hoped that it would get easier. "And push." Rhaenyra groaned out in agony. It did not get easier. 

"And again.'

"I c... I can't." Rhaenyra whined as Taelon kissed her cheek. 

''Push!'' the midwife demanded.

"I honestly think, I know I say it every time but she doesnt know any other words." Taelon remarked. 

"Push."

"See? You are making my point." Taelon remarked. 

"I like the fucking but I'm not so happy with all this." Nyra remarked through labored breaths. 

"PUSH!"

"She doesnt know any other words... yes loving you is wonderful but you are breaking my hand." Taelon added as he felt the loss of circulation in his fingers. 

"I'm pushing a child from my body, do you need fingers?" Nyra countered. 

"You quite like my fingers." Taelon reminded her. "You tell me." Nyra loosened her grip slightly. "Thats what I thought." Taelon agreed kissing her cheek. 

"Push!"

''The head!'' another midwife declared kneeling between Rhaenyra's legs. Rhaenyra kept pushing, moaning and groaning in agony but it was almost done, it had to be. 

"To be staring at stretchy cunts all day, what a job you have." Taelon remarked as he heard the baby squish all the way out. 

''A boy, Princess. A boy my prince.''

''Praise the Mother!'' The baby's cries rang out.

"Ahh." They placed the boy in Rhaenyra's arms, she smiled down at him, another boy. "Healthy?"

" Kicking like a goat, Princess." They assured. 

"A boy... the kids were betting I think Nymeria was the only one to want another sister. Emma doesnt want the competition with Thorin I think." Taelon remarked touching the baby's head gently. 

"Like there is any competition," Nyra countered and Taelon pursed his lips. "No, no, they would be so cute together!" Nyra declared. 

"I didnt say anything." Taelon reminded her. 

"Who is it that has caught Thorin's eye?" Nyra demanded. 

"Helaena." Taelon murmured. 

"What? No, no thats... Emma is so perfect why would he want Helaena?" 

"Well, Emma is nine and Helaena is almost 12." Taelon offered. "Just for starters." 

"Please, no, he will grow out of that phase." Nyra both requested and demanded. 

"Of course it took my a while to see how in love you were with me.' Taelon teased. 

"And it was the best decision of your life." Nyra reminded him. 

"It was." Taelon agreed kissing her. Nyra had but a fraction of a moment before the door opened

''Big news Taelon!" Tommen declared. "Oh another one, great, wonderful. I'm getting married!" 

"What?" Taelon countered. 

"I know I was shocked too." Tommen agreed. 

"Your father-"

"Nope all me." Tommen corrected. 

"You wear Sylvie down?" Taelon mused. 

"Just had a baby." Nyra reminded them. "Perhaps we save this talk for later." She suggested breathlessly.