29. Irrational Ideas

Dancing with our hands tied // Jon Snow out now!!

''You know I always had this irrational idea in my head that you would be my first kiss.'' Alicent remarked. Taelon stared down at her.

''My father isnt the man of dreams?'' Taelon mused. Alicent offered a small smile. Her wedding day, she would be queen but staring up at Taelon now, Viserys and the crown were the farthest things from her mind. ''Have you been kissed?'' Taelon offered bringing a hand to her chin.

''No'' she whispered

''Well then that makes that easy enough.'' Taelon offered kissing her gently. She closed her eyes and when she opened them he let his hand slide down her arm. ''You are to be my mother I just realized how strange that is.'' Taelon teased.

''Thank you, Taelon.'' Alicent said softly. He winked back at her before heading to his chambers to finish getting ready but not before nyra saw. 

+

"Three days." 

"What?" Taelon asked softly as he leaned back. 

"Three days until our tour." Jaime told him. 

"My tour." Taelon countered. 

"Naw, you see you are looking for a bride but it is I that will be touring." Jaime said with a wink.  Taelon gave him a shove back as he tilted his head to Tommen. 

"I got a raven back from Gaena." 

"Gaena?" 

"Davina's sister."

"I don't remember a-"  Then a look of recognition crossed Tommen's face. "Gaena." Taelon nodded. "What did it say?" 

"They are back in westeros and might see us while on tour." Taelon whispered. Nyra tried not to listen to either her father marrying alicent or Taelon and Tommen's talk of previous lovers. 

"Might. She used the word might?" Tommen asked cautiously. 

"Might." Taelon confirmed. 

"I am his and he is mine." 

"I am hers and she is mine." 

Nyra glanced to Taelon as she leaned into him, interlocking her fingers with his. She would never get this moment with Taelon. This wedding and the love she craved. It seemed like he was already on to the next girl. But as Alicent and Viserys shared an awkward kiss Taelon pulled Nyra in front of him. His arms around her, trapping her to him as he clapped along. Her head tipped back staring up at him. 

"Come on love bug, we eat, drink, dance the night away." Taelon suggested. Love bug. What happened to his gorgeous princess? What happened to his lips on her most sensitive of areas. What happened to that? To those people in bed so close together, his fingers in her... now he acted as though nothing happened. 

Maybe it was for the best. Maybe he knew it was the end all along and him being sent on a tour was just speeding up their impending downfall of what could have been. 

"You going to dance with your new mommy?" Tommen asked. "She hasnt stopped staring at you since... well I think probably forever." 

"I could." Taelon agreed. "But I need another drink." 

"Congratulations." Nyra said bitterly. 

"Thank you Rhaenyra." Alicent whispered as Nyra grabbed her hand. 

"I don't know what you think you are doing, kissing Taelon and becoming Queen but know that I don't trust you, I don't like you... Taelon is not yours." Nyra hissed marching away.

"Congratulations father." Taelon remarked. "If only I could stay longer and celebrate..."

"Three days." Viserys agreed. 

"That really isnt a lot of time to get all my ducks in a row." Taelon remarked. 

"What ducks?"

"You know... Ragnarok is going to need at least a moon to prepare for his journey. You know how he is." Taelon remarked. "Moody one, needs time to prepare." 

"Taelon-'

"Oh and I was thinking, what if I don't find... anyone." 

"You will have all the most eligible women to chose from, from every region. Even some across the narrow sea have sent ravens saying they are coming to a few of the ports for the hope your of hand. A foreign beauty. Wouldnt that be lovely?"

"What if they are all awful?" 

"I think you have a good chance at finding one that isnt." Viserys corrected. 

"What about Nyra?" 

"What about Rhaenyra?" Viserys countered. 

"I could wed Rhaenyra." Taelon offered. "Keeps me here, you already know she has a good head on her shoulders. She would make a lovely queen one day." Taelon went on. Viserys mouth moved wordlessly. "Keeps the bloodline pure and all that too, win, win really." 

"Unions are made to form stronger alliances." Viserys reminded him. "Rhaenyra's time will come as well and we will have more unions and more allies and more heirs. A... kind offer." Viserys said glancing back at Rhaenyra. "But I'm sure you will find your tour rewarding." 

"But, as I said. Ragnarok is moody and Rhaenyra is right here." Taelon countered. 

"Please enjoy tonight." Viserys said stiffly as he walked away. Taelon tapped his thumb on the glass annoyed, Tommen heard the tap, tap, tap of Taelon's ring and knew Taelon was having a mental dilemma. 

"What's wrong?" Tommen asked filling his glass. "Don't tap the glass, drink the glass." He reminded. 

"I don't really want to go." Taelon remarked softly. 

"I gathered that. But why?" 

"I had my sights on someone else." Taelon said vaguely. 

"Then tell your father that- who?" Tommen asked spinning around like a dog chasing his tail looking for a possible woman that caught Taelon's attention. 

"Doesnt matter. Father said no." 

"Who?" TOmmen asked again. 

"Doesn't matter." Taelon repeated downing his glass. 

"We tell each other everything. It does matter." Tommen countered. "WHO!"

"Doesnt matter. We are headed off in a few days and we will have our fill. Get my mind off her, hopefully."

"WHO THOUGH!" Tommen declared. 

"I think I will congratulate my new mother." Taelon remarked switching cups with Tommen and moving across the room. 

"WHO! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!" Tommen called after him. "I'M DYING TO KNOW NOW!" 

"Tommen!" Taelon hissed back at him. 

"LATER!" Tommen called back. "YOU HAVE TO TELL LATER!"

"Shut up!" Taelon laughed out. Alicent smiled up at Taelon as he approached. "Mother." Taelon mused kissing her hand.  She stared back up at him. Why couldnt she have wed Taelon? "You look so lovely." Taelon told her. 

"T-thank you." 

"You nervous?" Taelon asked handing her his cup. "Wine usually helps." She took a sip and then sighed deeply. Her gaze met Rhaenyra's again before looking up at Taelon's charming face. "Care to dance?" Taelon offered and Alicent nodded putting her glass down. Viserys watched him from across the room and couldn't help but think that he should have wed Alicent or Laena to Taelon. Given himself more time to grieve. Viserys had an heir, one that none of his council seemed to happy with but an heir nonetheless. 

"A dance princess?" Tommen asked with a dramatic bow before Nyra. Her eyes darted from Taelon to Tommen. 

"Yes." Nyra said confidently taking his hand. Taelon glanced back at them and couldnt help but think if he told Tommen that he loved his sister just a little bit too much that Tommen would either say wonderful and when are we fucking her, or scrunch up his face and give Taelon that, are you sure look. But it didnt matter because he was going on tour and finding a bride.