54. Secrets

"My children." Viserys declared trying to keep the edge from his voice. "I heard congratulations were in order."

"Thank you father." Taelon remarked.

"I didn't congratulate you though." Viserys corrected.

"Hello mother." Taelon said moving past Viserys, "Lovely as always and look, you got another one coming, thats so nice." Taelon declared and Alicent felt herself go faint as Taelon gently pat her stomach.

"Taelon." Viserys hissed.

"I was always mothers favorite." Taelon remarked "Doesnt matter who you marry. I am a mama's boy." Taelon mused.

"Taelon." Viserys demanded.

"Yes we wed, I'm sorry you couldnt be there. This is Thorin. Is he not the cutest thing in the world? He is my son, I know time flies!" Taelon declared quickly. "I'm tired, you look tired father, perhaps-"

"Taelon." Viserys shouted.

"Hi," Thorin said waving back at him.

"Goodness father your arm." Taelon remarked. "What happened?" Thorin looked to Viserys sleeve less arm and pulled on it curiously.

'Who's child is that?" Viserys demanded.

"Mine." Taelon repeated picking Thorin up.

"Who is the mother?"

"She died." Taelon said through a thick breath. "She was killed. Thorin is mine though. He is Thorin Targaryen."

"You fled, wed and come back with a son." Viserys remarked stiffly.

"Continue the line, strengthen the line." Taelon recalled. "Your words...."

"Rhaenyra, how could you be so-"

"I love him father, I always have." Nyra spoke up leaning into Taelon. "It was you that didnt see how much I loved him. I have always loved Taelon and now he is mine."

"I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive us for following ours." Taelon remarked.

"You are going to be a grandsire twice." Nyra remarked and Viserys stared back at Thorin as he leaned his head into Taelon. "I'm pregnant father." Nyra informed him.

"My children..." Viserys muttered walking off.

"That went better than expected." Nyra remarked.

"Did it?"

+

"Taelon, could I have a word?" Alicent asked, Taelon nodded closing Thorin's door. He looked to Nyra standing in the doorway of his chambers, impatiently waiting. 

"Just a moment." Taelon told her. She turned closing the door and flopping down on the bed.

"I hope you had a good..." Alicent didnt know how to say what she needed to say. 

"Yes, lovely wedding." Taelon agreed. "Sorry you couldnt be there, I'm so excited for Thorin to get to know Aegon and Helaena, he will be a great big brother... What's wrong?"

"I know this is probably not what you want to hear." Alicent whispered. "But Taelon this baby, I think, I know it's yours." Taelon blinked back at her.

Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, FUCK! Taelon's mind screamed out at him.

'Taelon, did you hear me?" ALicent whispered.

"I... yes... I... are you sure?"

"The maester thinks I will be due within the next moon. If it was... Viserys... this babe would be here already." Alicent remarked. Taelon's chest felt tight. This wasnt his fault, this was his cock's fault. He needed to have a conversation with his cock about its mind set on covering the world in little Taelon bastards.

"Well..." Taelon didnt know what to say. Nyra would kill him. She and Alicent were distant and bitter for years and now Nyra would kill them both.

"I know you... I'm... I just thought you should know." Alicent whispered. "I know you can't be... I know this child will be known as your brother..." Taelon nodded slowly. "But I thought you would want to know."

"I do. Thank you and I'm sorry." Taelon ran a hand over his face, he was a shit heir. How many more bastards did he have running around?

"I'm not." Alicent remarked taking a step closer. "I'm glad of our time together." she corrected. "I wouldnt change that." Taelon stared back at her a moment longer before kissing her forehead.

"I will be the best damn brother in the world." Taelon assured.

"I know." Alicent agreed.

"Then I suppose you and I have a secret." Taelon remarked

"A few." Alicent pondered.

"Im really sorry-" He began again.

"I would change a lot of things if I could." Alicent admitted "but I wouldnt change a thing with you."

Taelon moved back to his chambers and knew, he knew he had to tell Nyra but he knew he could not tell her. Taking this to the grave, Taelon thought as he pushed the door open. 

"What did the witch have to say?" Nyra pondered. 

"Congratulations." Taelon offered through a tight jaw.