4. Impunity

Half of my heart // Viserys // Daemon out now! - Avalon's extended story....

Bitter sweet & Sweet Nothing Davina's extended story

 'Commander on the floor!' Captain Randyll Barret declared getting the troops at attention as Daemon came into the room.

'When I took command of the Watch, you were stray mongrels... starving and undisciplined. Now... you're a pack of hounds.' Daemon declared, his gaze shifting to Taelon leaning against the doorway watching him. 'You're sated and honed for the hunt.' They all started howling, Taelon's smug smile only grew. 'My brother's city has fallen into squalor. Crime of every breed has been allowed to thrive. No longer. Beginning tonight, King's Landing will learn to fear the color gold.' A war cry erupted and they were off...

"What are you doing?" Taelon asked grabbing hold of Daemon's arm.

"I'm taking back the city."

"You talk that through with my father?" Taelon questioned knowing full well he did not.

"I don't need his permission. I'm not a child like you are." Daemon countered.

"You are going to get on his bad side." Taelon warned. But Daemon was always on Viserys bad side. But so was Taelon.

"Maybe he gets on my bad side." Daemon countered.

"That's not hard." Taelon said pushing off the wall. "You don't have a good side."

"I want that necklace back." Daemon demanded.

"No can do uncle." Taelon called back.

"Taelon!"

"I already gave it away."

"It wasn't for one of your whores!" Daemon spat.

"I don't pay for sex, Daemon." Taelon grinned back over his shoulder. "Everyone wants me... they should be paying me if anything." Daemon grit his teeth. "Do you know what its like to make a woman cum uncle? Or have you only been with whores, using them for your pleasure. I assure you, when the feeling is real their pleasure... its much better." Taelon continued back to the castle. "Have fun with the riff raff uncle, it is where you belong."

"Not joining us? Afraid of a little blood?" Daemon taunted.

"I have plans..." Taelon said vaguely as he headed off.

+

'It was an unprecedented roundup of criminals of every ilk. Your brother made a public show of it, meting out the summary judgments himself. I'm told they needed a two-horse cart to haul away the resulting dismemberments when it was done.' Otto informed Viserys as Viserys let out a long sigh.

'Gods be good.' Viserys muttered.

'The prince cannot be allowed to act with this kind of unchecked impunity.' Otto went on as the door opened.

"I agree entirely." Taelon said smugly.

'Brother.' Daemon said a big grin on his handsome face. "Nephew." He hissed.

'Daemon.' Viserys said trying to keep the edge from his voice.

"Uncle... do join us." Taelon said crossed his muscular arms over his chest.

'Carry on. You were saying something about my impunity.' Daemon said taking a seat at the table.

"Impunity, it is a tame word for your disobedience." Taelon mused. "Perhaps-"

"Thank you Nephew... the grown ups are talking." Daemon hissed.

''You are to explain your doings with the City Watch. Your new "gold cloaks" made quite the impression last night, didn't they?''

''Did they?''' Daemon countered smugly. Taelon stared across the table at him, someone needed to wipe that smug smile off his face.

'The City Watch is not a sword to be wielded at your whim. They're an extension of the crown.' Taelon reminded Daemon.

'The Watch was enforcing the crown's laws. Wouldn't you agree, Taelon?' Daemon offered.

'My Prince, I don't think... Making a public spectacle of wanton brutality is hardly in line with our laws.' Lord Strong offered as kindly as possible, he knew Daemon's temper. Taelon and Daemon had been like wildfire and the flame. When they worked together they were unstoppable but apart, they were always trying to prove who was the top dragon.

'Nobles from every corner of the realm are right now descending upon King's Landing for my brother's tourney. Do you want them mugged, raped, murdered?' Daemon questioned looking around the council table. 'You mightn't know this unless you left the safety of the Red Keep, but much of King's Landing is seen by the smallfolk as lawless and terrifying. Our city should be safe for all its people.' Daemon told them.

'I agree. I just hope you don't have to maim half of my city to achieve this.'

'Time will tell.' Daemon said nonchalantly. Taelon scoffed. There were times like this when Viserys knew that Taelon would be a good king, his values aligned with the council and he stood up to Daemon.

'We installed Prince Daemon as commander to promote law and order.'

'The criminal element should fear the City Watch.' Lord Corlys reminded them.

'Thank you for your support, Lord Corlys.' Daemon said smiling over at him.

'If only the Prince would show the same devotion to his lady wife as he does his work, Your Grace.' Otto suggested and Daemon stared back at him. 'You've not been seen in the Vale or at Runestone for quite some time.' He remarked.

'I think my bronze bitch is happier for my absence.' Daemon assured.

'Lady Rhea is your wife; a good and honorable lady of the Vale.' Otto reminded him

'In the Vale, men are said to fսck sheep instead of women. I can assure you, the sheep are prettier.' Daemon told them confidently. Taelon withheld a laugh as he bit at his lip.

'Dear me. You made a vow before the Seven to honor your wife in marriage.' Otto reminded him

'Well, I'd gladly give Lady Rhea to you, Lord Hightower, if you're in want of a woman to warm your bed. Your own lady wife passed recently. Did she not? Otto.' Daemon said smugly. 'Perhaps you aren't ready to move on just yet.'

'You know how my brother makes sport of provoking you. Must you indulge him?' Viserys pondered.

'My apologies, Your Grace.' Otto said bitterly.

"Daemon is easily wound up though." Taelon remarked. "His ego so easily bruised it is impossible not to countered his every breath."

'This council has, at great expense, bettered the City Watch to your exacting standards. Enforce my laws, but understand... any further performances like last night's will be answered.' Viserys warned his brother.

'Understood, Your Grace.' Daemon said heading out. ''nephew."

"Uncle" Taelon replied watching him leave.

'King's Landing has been in decline since my grandmother passed.'

'In the end... this new City Watch might be a good thing.'

"I can always... help." Taelon offered kindly.

+

Daemon tried. He tried. But Taelon's words got stuck in his head. Now he was trying to fuck a whore and he couldn't fucking come. Daemon groaned removing himself from her.

'What troubles you, my Prince? I could bring in another. Perhaps a maiden. I have several. I could even arrange one with silver hair.' Mysaria offered as Daemon covered himself in a blanket staring out the window. He could hear drums and music playing outside. 'You are Daemon Targaryen. Rider of Caraxes. Wielder of Dark Sister. The King cannot replace you.' He kept listening though a dog barking, crowds cheering. They were all getting ready for the new prince to arrive. Taelon was probably fucking a woman that he didn't need to pay for... Daemon didn't need whores. It was easier though. But still Taelon's smug voice echoed in his head.