63. Dragon Hunt

When they landed at dragonstone to say Taelon suddenly had a fatherly instinct like no other and quickly questioned what the hell are we doing? These dragons are unclaimed and untamed for a reason.

"Bad idea." Taelon decided but Thorin was already marching ahead.

"He's too much like you." Tommen remarked.

"That makes Aegon you." Taelon countered looking to a nervous Aegon.

"Rude. Aegon is great. You are fine." Tommen declared.

"No, I think this might be a bad idea." Aegon countered cautiously.

"Alright lets go!" Thorin declared. "Move out people we are on a mission!"

"Coming!" Emma shouted chasing after him.

"Why did you say yes to this?" Taelon hissed as they walked. "Bringing my babies on a dragon hunt. This is beyond stupid of us."

"I agree but you seemed really confident." Tommen remarked.

"Oh Gods, where is Aemond!" Taelon declared spinning around. "AEMOND!" Taelon shouted but then he saw Aemond standing behind him.

"Right here." He offered and Taelon knelt before him. His rapidly beating heart slowing a bit.

"NEW RULE!!" Taelon demanded. "HOLD HANDS!" Emma was quick to grab Thorin's hand.

"Dad!" Thorin countered with a grumble.

"Hold fucking hands or we head home." Taelon declared. Thorin stared back at him defiantly. "Thorin." Taelon warned. He grumbled grabbing Aegon's hand. "Great, now we stick together." Taelon instructed.

"Look at you trying to be responsible!" Tommen declared. "Thats new."

"Im a father. I have to protect them. Its not just my ass and yours on the line." Taelon reminded him. "Nyra and Alicent trusted us to return them in one piece."

"Its cute." Tommen assured. "I dont recognize this mature and responsible man but its cute." Taelon gave him a shove. "There he is." 

"Shut up. Alright, dragon hunt." Taelon declared as they walked. 

"Daddy I want Silverwing!" Emma reminded him.

"I know sweetie." Taelon agreed. "Shes a sweet thing too I'm sure she will love you." Emma nodded excitedly as they marched on. 

+

"So you and Taelon seem... closer." Nyra remarked hesitantly as Jace and Daeron wrestled in the courtyard.

"Alright don't listen to Ser Criston." Harwin remarked. "He plays dirty."  Criston rolled his eyes as he got the boys sparing swords to play with instead of their fists.

"Yes he has been a great help... with... the children." Alicent agreed but her words were choppy as she spoke. Nyra stared back at her confused. There was something she was hiding.

"What's that face for?" Nyra demanded. 

"Nothing. Daeron, please be gentle." Alicent remarked walking towards them. 

"Odd," Nyra murmured as Alicent walked off. 

+

Aegon ran screaming but Thorin marched right in, Taelon had to grab him and pull him back before the flames engulfed him. 

"You are too brave, fearless." Taelon remarked holding onto Thorin's shoulders. "You need to know when you are beat and to run."

"I'm not afraid." Thorin countered. 

"And you could have gotten burned up." Taelon remarked. "The fire is hot, too hot. You have to be careful, just because Erebor and Rok, our dragons are good doesnt mean they are not dangerous, deadly." Taelon informed them all. Thorin sighed but nodded understanding.

"Maybe best we head home and get some supper." Tommen suggested.

"I want to get Emma a dragon though." Thorin reminded him.

"And what a good brother you are." Taelon agreed. 

"Please daddy, please!" Emma begged grabbing onto Taelon's hand. "I promise I will be the best daughter ever!" She declared as she held onto his arm and climbed up his leg. Taelon chuckled as she walked horizontally up him before flipped back around and to her feet. 

"Put you in the circus." Tommen declared. 

"Daddy please, I really want silverwing." Emma begged. 

"Alright, then we head back before its too late and too dark." Taelon agreed. Aemond sighed his shoulders slumped and feet dragged as he walked along. Taelon ruffled his hair falling back to walk with him. "We will get you a dragon." Taelon assured.

"When?" Aemond questioned softly. 

"As soon we can. As soon as the right dragon for you comes." Taelon remarked. "The dragon best suited for you will make him or herself present when the time is right."

"But I want one now." Aemond reminded him. 

"We can't always get things we want right when we want them." Taelon reminded him. "Some of the best things you need to wait for. It makes that moment all the more special." Aemond looked to Thorin as he led the kids forward. "Have faith in your fa-" Taelon cleared his throat as he gaze Aemond's shoulder a squeeze. "Have faith in me."

"I do." Aemond agreed as he hugged Taelon. 

""Father I see tracks." Thorin declared holding up a hand to make Aegon and Emma stop but they werent paying close enough attention and Aegon stumbled right into Thorin. "This means stop." He repeated the hand gesture. "Not run into me."

"Thorin be nice." Taelon instructed. 

"I'm trying to help them." Thorin corrected. 

"You can be nicer about it." Taelon retorted. 

"He gets his attitude from you. That's for sure." Tommen remarked. 

"Shut up." Taelon grumbled. 

'See right there. Mean." Tommen teased. 

"Father... I think I see something." Thorin remarked. Emma jumped up to try and see. 

"Lift me up, I'm too little!" Emma begged. Taelon put her on his shoulders in a single swoop and Emma's jaw dropped. "Oh wow." she whispered. 

"Beautiful." Taelon agreed. 

"Come on emma, lets get you a dragon." Aemond declared as he marched forward. 

"Aemond certainly got your bravery." Tommen mused and Taelon swallowed the nervous lump in his throat. "Or perhaps its just following around big brother, you molded him into a mini you."

"Big brother Taelon to the rescue." Taelon murmured through a thick breath. 

+

"MAMA!" Emma shouted completely giddy.

"You got Silverwing." Nyra remarked as Jace ran forward with Daeron hot on his heels. 

"I GOT HER!" Emma shouted still jumping with excitement as Taelon helped her down. 

"Now just because she is here doesn't mean you two are fully bonded." Nyra reminded her. "You need to work with her so she trusts you and listens only to you." 

"Thats right." Taelon agreed. Emma couldnt contain her excitement though as she spun around still squealing. "You next." Taelon assured running a hand over Aemond's head. 

"Congratulations Emma." Aemond said kindly. 

"Thank you Aemond." Emma said through a wide smile and laughs of joy. "MAMA!" 

"I see, I see." Nyra agreed. "Good job, daddy of the year." 

"Oh, does daddy of the year get a prize?" Taelon questioned as he kissed her. She nodded holding him closer.