69. I Bet You Fucked His Wife

''Soften your knees. Feet light.'' Criston remarked as the young princes were training together in the courtyard.

''Keep your feet light and your hands heavy.'' Harwin instructed.

"Why is Uncle Tommen Uncle Tommen but you are his brother and you are just Ser Harwin?" Jace questioned.

"Tommen is not your fathers blood brother but the brother he chose." Harwin offered.

"So could I choose a new brother?" Jace questioned.

"Well thats not really-" Harwin remarked as his lips pursed.

"You just got a new brother. Or did you forget?" Taelon questioned coming up to them. He picked Jace up and held him upside down.

"Like Uncle Tommen!" Jace laughed out as his face went red.

"No no your cant have tommen as your brother. He has reached his max." Taelon countered.

"Dad my head is going to explode!" Jace declared still upside down laughing.

"Nonsense heads havent exploded in the capital for at least three days." Taelon countered.

"What?" Emma declared coming up to them.

"My little love bug. Just like your mama." Taelon remarked. "Always listening in on gossip." Jace tipped into Emma as Taelon put him back on his feet.

"Woah!" Jace declared flopping down to the ground.

''This is the stuff, Lyonel. Lads that learn together, train together... knock each other down, pick each other up. They will certainly form a lifelong bond, wouldn't you agree?'' Viserys questioned.

''That is the hope, Your Grace.'' Lyonel agreed.

"Though not everyone can be like our Taelon and Tommen." Viserys added.

"Im certainly glad they have each other. I cant imagine them ever being torn apart." Lyonel remarked.

"And you best never try because I have separation anxiety." Tommen declared wrapping an arm around each of their shoulders. "To tear me from Taelon is a crime. It should be punishable by death!"

"Always the dramatic one."  Lyonel murmured.

"Always the skilled and wonderful you mean." Tommen corrected with a wink. "Fathers lovely chat as always." Tommen assured leaping from the balcony. Emma clapping out as Tommen did a bow landing before them below innthe courtyard. "Ah my beautiful niece and biggest fan!"

"Alright enough theatrics lets get back to work." Harwin declared as Taelon adjusted Aemonds grip.

''Don't stand too upright, my Prince. You'll get knocked down.'' Criston warned and Aegon let out a grunt of distaste. ''Aegon.'' Criston began.

''I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy.'' Aegon said pompously.

''Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother.'' Criston offered and Aegon and Aemond stepped forward, sparring swords lunging at criston but he was skilled warrior. The princes were yelling and grunting as they lunged and failed to knock criston down.

''You're gonna have to do better than that.'' Criston said smugly.

"Honestly im impressed Cole." Taelon remarked. "Didnt think you had it in you." Criston rolled his eyes. "You will get him next time." Taelon assured.

''Ah. Weapons up, boys.'' Tommen remarked coming up to Taelon children. ''Give your enemies no quarter.''

''It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention... Ser Criston.'' Harwin remarked and Criston turned to him stiffly.

''You question my method of instruction, ser?'' Criston asked calmly.

''Oh, I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils'' Harwin suggested.

"Thorin." Taelon declared. "Show Aegon how its done." Thorin smiled back at him before stepping forward.

''It's hardly a fair match.'' Tommen mused.

"Shut up." Aegon countered. "I can handle Thorin."

"Can you?" Thorin countered with a grin.

''Blades up. Engage.'' Taelon declared. The boys attacked, moving swiftly around the courtyard. Nyra saw pride in Taelons face as Thorin moved.

''Plant your feet. You have a height advantage. Use it.'' Tommen declared. ''Advance on him...'' Thorin chuckled and continued forward.

''Good good!" Taelon agreed "stay close. Close with him." Aegon grumbled but Thorin not only had height but strength. "Aegon use your strengths." Taelon declared. "You are smaller, Aegon get around him...." Taelon instructed as Aegon dodged under his blow.

"Press him backward!'' Tommen encouraged as Thorin spun around blade flying through the air.

Nyra clapped out as Thorin touched Aegons chest with the end of his blade.

"Yield." Aegon agreed. Thorin dropped his sword and offered him a hand up.

"Excellent work." Taelon told them all. Taelon ruffled Thorins hair as he passed.

"Aegon is me." Tommen muttered. "You always used to kick my ass then help me back up,"

"Friendship for ages." Taelon remarked fondly. "I cant wait to see what fine young men they become."

"You know what im thinking?" Tommen mused

"Drinks!" Taelon declared.

"Exactly!"

"Did you see me mum?" Thorin questioned coming up to Nyra.

"I did. You did so well! Im so proud of you." Nyra agreed hugging him.

"Thanks mum." Throin remarked before running back to Aegon and Aemond.

+

Maybe drinks was a bad idea. Maybe or maybe Criston drinking was the problem.

"I will get us another round!" Taelon declared heading to the bar and tapping his palms on the counter.

"You know its strange." Criston remarked softly.

"Cole you in a pub. This is new! Strange indeed." Tommen teased.

"Its strange how often the prince visits Aemond." Criston went on.

"Why is that strange?" Harwin countered.

"And the medallion he gave him... a family heirloom." Criston recalled.

"State your purpose before I kick your ass." Tommen hissed.

"I didnt think anything of it at the time but now I know and I see things differently." Criston declared.

Criston had been in the queens service for a while he saw Taelons coming and goings to Aemond. Training him and teaching him. Guiding him. Then he found a sketchbook he knew who it belonged to but he opened it anyway and there was a picture of Alicent. Sure the face was only a partial and it could have been anyone else but the birthmark was Alicents.

"I wonder I know what it was like between you two... I wonder if you even know..." criston pondered.

Taelon turned back from the bar three drinks in hand as Tommen rose from his seat.

"I think you had too much to drink." Tommen hissed.

"I think Taelon fathered another bastard son and I bet you fucked his wife." Criston hissed as Tommen jumped up pulling Criston over the booth and pounding his face in. Taelon dropped the glasses and they shattered to the floor.