34. Distant

Nyra could not understand for the life of her why Taelon was being weird. She thought him coming back was going to be their chance but he was distant and moody. 

Alicent stared back at Taelon and Aegon on the floor. She couldnt help but wonder how her life would have turned out if she got to marry Taelon. If this was their child. 

"Growing fast." Taelon remarked looking back at Alicent. 

"Yes." She agreed. "You were gone a long while." Alicent remarked. 

"I was.'' Taelon agreed. 

"Yet..." 

"Yet." he agreed. "Things must be going well here though." Taelon remarked. 

"What do you mean?" Alicent asked and Taelon nodded to her stomach. 

"Oh... yes." Alicent agreed. 

"You are going to have a slew of littles in no time." Taelon remarked and Alicent stared back at him. "What's wrong? Do you need something? My mother liked baths when she was pregnant, should I ask someone to draw you one?" Taelon offered. Alicent just stared back at him. Taelon didnt know if this distant look was normal for pregnancies. "I should get a maester." Taelon offered. 

"No." She said finally. "I'm fine... baby kicked." she lied. "WOuld you like to feel?" Taelon took a step forward. 

"What does it feel like growing a human inside of you?" Taelon asked as he moved his hand around her stomach. 

"Scary." Alicent admitted. 

"I'm sure." Taelon agreed. "Am I doing this right?" Taelon asked moving his hand around. "I don't feel anything." 

"Comes and goes." Alicent remarked as Taelon let his hand fall to his side. 

"You sure you are alright?" Taelon asked. 

"Yes. It's just nice to have you back." Alicent remarked. 

"Good to be home.' Taelon agreed but she saw pain in his eyes. "Excuse me." 

"Of course." Alicent agreed watching him go. 

+

"You would think you are the hormonal one about to deliver a baby." Tommen remarked. "I know what you need." Tommen declared. "A good fuck."

"A good fuck is why my head is spinning." Taelon countered. 

"Thorin is a cute kid." Tommen remarked. "Rhae understands," he assured. "You need to get out of your head. No better a time than the princes second name day celebration. Ladies from all over coming to pay their respects. Wanting to meet the still single heir." 

Taelon huffed out a breath as he lay back on his bed. 

"Have you drawn since coming back? That always help you clear your head." Tommen remarked. "Let me find you some tits to draw." Tommen offered. 

"No." Taelon groaned. 

"You love her?" 

"Who?"

"Rhae Royce." Tommen clarified. 

"Love? No. I like her, she had my child. She's a good person... I just..."

"You want to tell me who you were avoiding at the capital while playing make believe with Rhae?" Tommen asked again. 

"Nope." Taelon answered yet again. 

"Fuck this girl, get her out of your system and then we move on! Find you a bride or a-" Tommen chuckled. 

"What?" 

"I see Fury." Tommen remarked peering out the window. 

"Fury, Fury?" Taelon asked sitting up. Fury was a beast of a dragon. Black, sleek and practically one with his master. 

"While you were at Runestone, I had a very lovely time with your cousins." Tommen remarked "I might have invited them back here." Taelon stared back at him. "Davina and Gaena. tell me this, why on earth were we sharing one woman when I could have had those two gorgeous devouring me and me alone?" 

"A little heads up would have been nice." Taelon remarked. 

"Davina does as she pleases, I didn't actually think she would come." Tommen remarked "Hey, give me tonight, I will share them tomorrow!" He declared heading out of the room with a new spring in his step. 

"Taelon..." Nyra whispered pushing open his door. He glanced back at her from the window. "Who's that?" Nyra asked leaning into Taelon. 

"Our cousins." Taelon remarked. 

"Tommen seems to know them." Nyra remarked. 

"Yeah..." Taelon drawled out. "what's wrong love bug?" 

"You have been back for moons and you barely spoke to me. Your not in your room at night, where do you go?" 

"Flying around. I like night flies." Taelon offered. 

"Every night?" Nyra countered. "Taelon, nothing has changed for me." Nyra reminded him. "I still love you. I still want you." 

"Nyra, love." Taelon whispered as he let out a sigh. "I know now that I know nothing at all and I really don't want to risk you getting pregnant, you would be ruined." Taelon reminded her. "I can't take that risk." Taelon told her running a hand down her cheek. "I love you but as long as father rejects this. I'm sorry."