48. About Damn Time

"Come on, last taste of freedom before the wedding." Taelon remarked holding out an oh to tempting hand.

Nyra didn't want to marry Laenor, she wanted Taelon. She grabbed his hand as he pulled her up to Ragnarok. She didn't want moments like this to end. She leaned back into Taelon as her arms flew out over her head. She felt like they were kids again. Ragnarok grew fast, Taelon took Nyra riding with him all the time.

It was a familiar feeling yet everything was different. Everything was about to change.

The maze of their lives, the labyrinth of paths, mistakes and choices, leading them here and there only to come back together right before her life was tied to another.

What happened when Taelon was married? Had children of his own? What happened then? What happened to them?

+

''It is with great pleasure that His Grace, King Viserys, announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations. House Lannister with their lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the West, and Master of Casterly Rock. House High tower with their lord, Hobert High tower. Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, the Voice of Old town...'' Harrold announced.

''Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess.'' Jason said as he approached.

''Thank you, Lord Jason. I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor.'' Viserys said with a chuckle.

"I can." Taelon murmured as he got up.

'Well... if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding.'

''Well, I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories.'' Viserys reminded him.

''Where is the Queen? I had hoped to pay my respects.'' Jason offered looking down the table.

''I understand the Queen is still readying herself for the celebrations." Viserys informed him. 

"This is why men wage war... because women would never be ready for the battle in time.'' Jason remarked with a chuckle

''Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason.'' Rhaenyra remarked stiffly as she looked to Taelon across the room with Tommen. Tommen.

''Princess... Your Grace.''

"Forgive me!" Tommen begged. "I can't handle the silence. You have been jabbering in my ear since we were children, little tiny humans. Please, I can't what do you want me do to? Anything at all." Tommen begged.

"Cut off your cock." Taelon mused. Tommen stared back at him a moment before pulling at his belt.

"I know you are joking but I'm willing to pull it now to prove I'm serious about this friendship." Tommen remarked and Taelon swatted at his hand.

"I missed you too pal." Taelon told him as Tommen hugged him nearly tipping him over.

"Thank the Gods, a glorious day!" Tommen declared.

''Your Grace, Princess Rhaenyra, congratulations are in order.'' Gerold remarked coming up to them.

''We are very honored to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold.'' Viserys agreed ''I must say, I was most distressed to hear of the Lady Rhea's tragic passing. I'm very sorry for your loss.''

''Lady Rhea was a unique character. Her kind... is not soon to be seen again.'' Gerold told him.

"Who's that little guy?" Nyra asked looking to the silver haired boy in his arms. He was waving over at Taelon.