36. Separation Anxiety

'Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones.' Ceira Lannister remarked.

'What will happen to Lady Johanna?' Alicent questioned.

'She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors.' Ciera told her. 

'I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?' Larys had a brace on this leg and a cane in hand as he approached the group of women chattering.

'But of course. Please join us. Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel.' Alicent remarked.

"Larys, always a pleasure." Gaena remarked. "Your elder brother and I were getting reacquainted."

"Princess Gaena, always lovely to see you." Larys remarked stiffly. Davina smirked over at her sister. "You as well, Princess Davina."

"The boys get to have all the fun." Davina muttered.

'My Lord husband says that no King has even been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages.'

'Perhaps the Princess... can give us some insight.' Ceira remarked as they looked to Rhaenyra in the doorway.

'Oh, I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones.' Rhaenyra reminded them. 

'Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?' Ceira questioned.

'I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years.' Rhaenyra told her bitterly.

"He's trying to prove he has a bigger cock than Viserys." Davina remarked. "What? He has always had a God complex, it is no surprise he pitched a fit when Viserys continued to choose his handsome heir to Daemon. He has been screaming the world isnt fair for years."

'Well..." Joselyn huffed. "He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it.' Joselyn Redwyne remarked.  'Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good.'

'But the crown is not at war.' Rhnaeyra told them.

'The crown... is at war, Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it by your uncle and The Sea Snake.' Joselyn told her.

'And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?' Rhaenyra pondered.

"Cousin, lets go for a walk." Gaena suggested getting up and wrapping an arm around Nyra's shoulders.

+

"So, we heard that your father is trying to marry both you and Taelon off." Davina remarked as they headed outside.

"That's right." Rhaenyra agreed bitterly. "Neither of you are married." Nyra remarked. "How do you do it?" Davina chuckled.

"Dav was married, she burned him on their wedding night." Gaena informed her. "I don't recommend the Davina method though."

"My way is better." Davina countered.

"And your father he never pushed again?" Nyra asked them.

"I find that running away and never staying in one place too long really helps for avoiding unions." Gaena remarked.

"You just keep moving around?" Nyra asked them.

"It's fun." Davina assured. "We have each other and a long list of men falling at our feet."

"Tommen Strong included." Gaena added nodding to Tommen and Taelon chatting with the knights.

"I don't think I could get away with running. Taelon had a tour and father found him easily."