6. Whip Your Ass

"Where is Taelon?" Viserys hissed, Otto looked around not seeing Rhaenyra either. "Where is Rhaenyra?"

"Best start without them." Otto suggested as Viserys rose up.

'Be welcome! I know many of you have traveled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news..." Rhaenyra snuck past him hoping to be unseen, but she was.

"Where is Taelon?" Rhaenyra asked as she sat down next to Alicent.

"Where were you?" Alicent countered.

"-that I am happy to share Queen Aemma has begun her labors!' Viserys declared and the stadium erupted in cheers and applause. 'May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!' They continued to cheer, the horses neighing, galloping into position.

"Where is Tae-" but a kiss was pressed to her cheek and Rhaenyra couldn't help the smile. "Where were you?"

"Like you were here on time." Taelon countered smugly wrapping an arm around the back of her chair. Rhaenyra leaned back into his arm.

'A mystery knight?' Rhaenyra questioned her guard, ser Harrold.

'No, a Cole, of the Stormlands.'

'I've never heard of House Cole.' Rhaenyra admitted.

"Not bad. Ive fought with them before." Taelon remarked.

'Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!' Boremund Baratheon came up to the viewing box. 'I would humbly ask for the favor of "The Queen Who Never Was." He declared and the crowd cheered happily.

"Kiss ass." Taelon sniggered, Rhaenyra gave him her best attempt at a stern look and he waggled his eyebrows at her.

'Good fortune to you, cousin.' Rhaenys said coming up to him and dropping her crown on his jousting spear.

'I would gladly take it if I thought I needed it.'

'You could have Baratheon's tongue for that.' Otto remarked softly to Viserys

'Tongues will not change the succession. Let them wag.' Viserys assured.

'Lord Stokeworth's daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire.' Alicent told Rhaenyra as the rider approached.

'Lord Massey's son?' Rhaenyra questioned.

'Mm-hm.' She agreed 'They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood.'

"Poor girl." Taelon mused.

"Taelon." Rhaenyra hissed slapping at his chest and she felt butterflies rise in her chest as he grabbed her hand trapping it to his chest and those butterflies quickly traveled down, a flutter she hoped wasn't evident with a blush on her cheeks. Vagina butterflies, it was the only way Rhaenyra could explain it, that flutter that wouldn't stop as his warm hand covered hers trapping her hand on his muscled pec.

'Best get on with it.'

Taelon slowly let her hand go as he kicked out his legs crossing his ankles, hands behind his head, elbows out as he cracked his back, leaning over the chair.

'I heard that Lady Elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress.' Rhaenyra remarked trying to keep from thinking of the flutter consuming her body. 'What do you know about this Ser Criston Cole, Ser Harrold?'

'I'm told Ser Criston is common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward. But other than that, and the fact that he's just unhorsed both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say.' Ser Harrold told her. Drums continued to bang as the crowd cheered, Daemon was up next.

'Prince Daemon of House Targaryen, Prince of the City, will now choose his first opponent!' the master of revels declared as Daemon made his way down the line of contenders. Walking back and forth before settling on his target he pointed his spear at Hightower the smuggest of looks on his face as he moved back.

"He always has to make a show of everything." Taelon groaned.

"Oh and you don't?" Nyra countered. Taelon winked before looking to the contenders again.

"Hightower." Taelon decided.

"What?' Alicent questioned.

"He is going to pick our hands son because Otto pissed him off" Taelon informed her.

'For his first challenge, Prince Daemon Targaryen chooses Ser Gwayne Hightower of Oldtown, eldest son of the Hand of the King.' The master of revels declared as the dumbs picked up their pace with anticipation.

"Told ya." Taelon said with a smirk. "Then he is going to beat your brother to the ground and ask for your favor." Taelon went on.

"How do you know that?" Alicent questioned.

"Because Daemon-" Taelon began.

'Five dragons on Daemon.'

'Ya!' The horses squealed and shrieked as they set off. The crowd exclaimed with joy as the prince won. Daemon approached the viewing box.

"-is predictable." Taelon finished.

'Nicely done, Uncle.' Rhaenyra said approaching him.

'Thank you, Princess. Now, I'm fairly certain I can win these games, Lady Alicent. Having your favor would all but assure it.' He winked up at her and Alicent got her flower crown.

"What did I say?" Taelon whispered as she caught his eye.

'Good luck, my Prince.' Alicent said blushing all the same.

''You don't want my favor uncle?'' Taelon mused.

''I wouldnt call anything you give a favor nephew.'' Daemon retorted.

"Your wife had a contradictory statement." Taelon murmured and Daemon quirked a brow. "You are going to lose for sure then, without my favor.'' Taelon called down louder. Daemon opened his mouth to speak but saw the necklace on Nyras neck.

''Lovely bauble.'' Daemon mused. ''Wherever did you get it Rhaenyra?''

''Taelon gave it to me.'' Nyra said happily.

''Did he?'' Daemon countered through a stiff lip.

''Alicent drop the thing on the thing would you so our uncle stops procrastinating his loss.'' Taelon begged.

''Why dont you get your ass down here Taelon. I would love to whip your ass''. Daemon shouted up to him.

''I might just have too.'' Taelon agreed getting up but Nyra grabbed his hand forcing him back to his seat. ''Sorry uncle Nyra needs me.'' Taelon remarked smugly as she kept a tight hold of his arm as they took their seats again.