37. Deeply

Epiphany// Alicent and Taelon... out now!
Goodness me, is Taelon my new Davina?

"Oh no, runaway princess." Tommen remarked nodding to Nyra storming out. She jumped on her horse and Taelon chased after her. He jumped on a horse following her out.

"NYRA!" Taelon called but she didnt stop. "NYRA! WAIT!" Taelon demanded slapping at the reigns. He got ahead of her and pulled her horse to a stop. 'Whoa, whoa, now!' Taelon coed as the horses neighed and kicked up as they got to the lake. 'Nyra, love what happened back there?'

'Father..." she seethed "Is trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister.' Rhaenyra told him miserably.

'Do you want me to kill him?' Taelon offered and Rhaenyra chuckled debating it. "What do you want to do Nyra?"

'It's a beautiful day. We should take in theKings wood.' Nyra offered, as the birds chirped in the distance. Theywalked their horses along the trail as they talked, Nyra's misery fading with every heartbeat.

+

' Your Grace.' Howland sharp remarked, noting the tracks.

''How far?' Viserys questioned.

'Her droppings were found half a league to the east.' He smelled the air. 'Still fresh. Between two and three hours, Your Grace. My best scouts spied him.'

'The beast is upward of 35 stone. And we now have his trail.'

'Aye. Before the dragons ruled over Westeros, the white hart was a symbol of royalty in these lands. And on this day of all days. I've never been one for signs and portents, Your Grace, but if the gods did wish to show their favor.' His advisor suggested.

+

"Nyra..." Taelon warned.

"We are so far out. No one will see us." Nyra countered. "The day grows darker..." she looked around as Taelon finished making a fire. "Besides, who cares?" Nyra offered as he sat back down pulling her with him.

"I don't know if I should tell you of Gaena's offer." Taelon chuckled.

"What offer?" Nyra asked nervously.

"For all of us to run away together." Taelon mused.

"You and I could..." Nyra began.

"I'm the heir love." Taelon reminded her. "I can't run." Nyra nodded understanding. "Tempting off though."

"I would have said yes." Nyra whispered wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I will kill that Lannister cunt before any deal was ever set into motion." Taelon assured.

"What happens when I am matched, or you are?" Nyra said softly, her lips grazing his.

"I don't know love." Taelon whispered, his calloused hand running up and down her thighs.

"I want you." Nyra breathed pushing her body closer to his. "I want to marry you."

"I would marry you Nyra." Taelon remarked. "But it would be a bit hard to do it without anyone finding out. The septon would never, not without fathers blessing."

"So what happens when you are forced to marry someone that is not me?" Nyra whispered.

"Lets not worry about that right now." Taelon offered kissing her deeply.

+

Thank you... for the gift.' Viserys said stiffly as he gripped the spear from Jason Lannister.

'Your Grace.' Jason said nervously stepping back

'Wine.' Viserys requested forcing a smile at Alicent.

'The huntsman has the trail, Your Grace, and has sent out the hounds. It won't be long now until the white hart is cornered. Your prize is within reach.' Otto said coming to sit down at Viserys side.  'What do you make of Lord Jason's proposal?'

'That man's pride has pride.'

'You're not only Rhaenyra's father, you're the King. She'll do as you command.' Otto reminded him

'It is not my wish to command her, Otto.' Viserys told him 'I want her to be happy. The both of them.'

'There is another choice beyond Casterly Rock. One, perhaps, you might be more comfortable with. One... closer to home.' Otto suggested slowly.

'Taelon?" Viserys never thought that Otto would suggest a thing. Otto was not. He still hoped that Taelon would be disinherited and Aegon named heir. But if Taelon happened to peril in battle before that day came, marrying Rhaenyra and Aegon could secure a king, hopefully.

'Prince Aegon.' Otto corrected. Viserys looked to his son just turned two Aegon was babbling.

'The boy just turned two, Otto.' Viserys reminded him

'Yes, but it would cease the endless proposals for Rhaenyra's hand.' Otto told him hoping that his grandson would be king one day and Viserys started to laugh. 'Betroth them.'

'I came here to hunt... not to be suffocated by all this fucking politicking.' Viserys spat

'Let us speak no more of it.' Otto agreed leaving his side.

'We've sent out riders to find Rhaenyra, Your Grace.' Lyonel assured as the night grew dark and there was no sign of the princess. 'Prince Taelon went after her, so the hope is that they are together.'

"Taelon will be with her." Viserys assured as he let out a huff. 'The girl is a heedless contrarian. If I instead forbade her to wed a Lannister, she would've run off with Lord Jason out of spite.' Viserys remarked.  'A truly great Targaryen King I am. Powerless over mine own daughter of seven-and-ten.... and Taelon... Taelon.'

'King Jaehaerys ruled over half a century of peace while his children drove him to the edge of madness... his daughters, in particular.' Lyonel recalled 'It is tradition, Your Grace.' Viserys took another sip of wine he surely didn't need it but he drank it down anyways. 'Do you wish to hear my opinion on the matter?' Viserys let out a long sigh

'Should I guess? You believe that your son, Ser Harwin "Break bones," the strongest knight in the Seven Kingdoms, is the best match for Rhaenyra.' Viserys hissed

'You flatter me, Your Grace, but no.' Lyonel told him 'It would seem to me the best match for Rhaenyra is the son of The Sea Snake, Ser Laenor.' He offered 'Some years ago, I counseled you to take his sister to wife. My reasoning remains the same. Laenor is of pure Valyrian descent. He shares blood with your cousin, the Princess Rhaenys. And he is the heir to the wealthiest house in the realm. Or Taelon for Laena... The breach between your houses has not narrowed since I last spoke of it. It would do much to assuage Lord Corlys of any slights real... or imagined.' Viserys pondered the idea. 'We must pray, of course, that Laenor survives the fighting in the Stepstones.' Viserys got up drunkenly and left the celebration, he just wanted to have a good time and celebrate his son. Not all this.