40. Cheeky

"That seems... I think I need to see it." Taelon remarked. Alicent chuckled glad for the darkness to hide her blush. While Nyra was gone and Tommen being a dutiful guard Taelon was in need of some good company.

"I guess you will never know." Alicent countered. "Just have to take my word."

"Why's that?" Taelon asked turning towards her.

"Well, the location of the birthmark is in a place you would really have to go searching for." Alicent remarked.

"Oh, cheeky thing you are." Taelon mused.

"Rhaenyra used to say that you drew." Alicent remarked.

"I do, I did." Taelon corrected. "Not as much recently."

"Could I see them?" Alicent asked innocently. "The drawings?"

"Only if I can see that birthmark." Taelon teased and Alicent felt her heart skip a beat when he looked at her like that. "I kid," Taelon assured standing up and offering her his hand. "Come on, I warn you, some are a bit... best I screen them first."

"What do you mean?" Alicent asked leaning into him.

"Oh, scandalous." Taelon informed her.

"How so?"

"I guess you will have to take my word for it." Taelon mused.

+

'...the wall Blackhaven are unscalable vassalstone. And the castle is surrounded by a deep, dry moat. It is well fortified against any future Dornish incursions.' Beric Dondarrion began. Rhaenyra sat bored as she was to choose from suitors. The line was endless and the options were still awful. None of them were Taelon so she knew none of them would be her husband. 'And though my seat may be lesser in size, it is situated most pleasingly.' He went on clearing his throat he moved to pour himself a glass of wine. 'The view across the Marches is inspiring, so said Queen Alysanne herself when she honored my father and I...'

'And tell me, Lord Dondarrion,' Rhaenyra spoke up. 'did you think my great-grandmother as beautiful as they say?'

'This was half a century ago, Princess.'

'Yes, it was.' She agreed and the crowd of spectators laughed in agreement.

'That was unseemly, Princess.' Criston remarked.

"That was great." Tommen countered. "Finally some entertainment in these things. Taelon's was much more fun." Tommen informed them. Criston stared back at him. "You were busy standing all prissy, we had fun for a good bit before Taelon went down a rabbit hole."

"She is the princess, she shouldnt be-" Criston countered.

'The man is older than my father. It's unseemly for him to put himself forward as a contender for my hand.' Rhaenyra corrected her guard. 'Next!' she demanded. 'And now a child.' Rhaenyra shook her head, this was useless.

"You know if Taelon was here he would have bashed in a few heads of the men thinking themselves worth your time." Tommen remarked. "I will gladly do so in his place."

Taelon was right Nyra did like Tommen. He was fun and sweet and entertaining. He knew how to make the days go by as Taelon did. She understood why Taelon and Tommen were so close, they were so similar in certain ways. Despite their opposite apearances, Taelon tall, muscled, silver hair. Tommen was slim and jet black hair.

'The Black woods are an ancient house with a formidable army.' Boremund Baratheon began. He stared up at her hopefully.  'In the River lands, they once ruled as kings. The blood of the First Men still flows in their veins.'

'Go on.'

'My Princess... ours is a bond that has long endured, since Lucas Black wood, the grand sire of my grand sire, aided the Dragon in his war of conquest...' Boremund reminded her.

'Aye, the Black woods truly turned the tide on that one.' One of the men in the crowd shouted and Boremunds confidence flickered as the crowd laughed again

'Coursed with the blood of the First Men, our history is deeply rooted in this land, which your house has made its home. If chosen as your match, Princess... your days shall be easy and nights safe under my protection.' Boremund went on.

"Protection"?' the man spoke up again. 'The Princess has a dragon, you dumb cunt.'

'Bracken!' he was scolded but he kept on laughing

'I could learn to like that one.' Rhaenyra remarked.

"I'm bored, your future husband is not here." Tommen said confidently.

"I agree." Nyra echoed.

'Ugh, let us have the next so we may go to supper.' Tommen offered. "I need a drink after these men."

"Me too." Nyra added.

'Craven.'

'Ooh!' the crowd declared as Bracken and Boremund faced off.

'We're leaving.' Criston told Rhaenyra leading her away.

"Finally!" Tommen declared rubbing his hands together.

'Sheathe that steel, you twats!'

'Send word to the harbor and have Captain Oswin ready the ship.' Rhaenyra said as they walked.

'Princess, we're due in Bitter bridge in three days' time.' Criston corrected

'I would happily row myself back to King's Landing if it brought an end to this ridiculous pageant.' Rhaenyra told him.  Bracken grunted, falling to the ground, the child Boremund had taken him down.

'Don't look, Princess.' Criston said leading her outside.

"Yes, lets go home." Tommen agreed. "Too many cocks in this room not enough cunts."

"Ser Tommen." Criston said appalled.

"What?" Tommen mused waving a hand through the air. "This one knows my admiration of the female body." Tommen assured. "Right Nyra?"

"She is the princess, show her some respect." Criston demanded.

"She is also Nyra to me because i've known her since she was a babe." Tommen countered. "But by all means, Nyra am I offended you?"

"Not at all." Nyra assured.

+

"These are beautiful." Alicent remarked.

"Thank you." Taelon replied as she flipped through one of the books.

"Oh... is this Aegon?" Alicent asked flipping it around to him.

"Oh. No." Taelon remarked. "Just..." Taelon reached for the book closing it up.

"Sorry, I don't mean to pry." Alicent assured.

"No, I'm sorry." Taelon countered. "I, well I actually have one of you." Taelon remarked flipping through a booklet.

"Of me?" He handed it over. "Making cards are you?" Alicent asked looking it over. Taelon shrugged.

"Tommen cheats when we play, he's good at slight of hand. Thought I would make some cards, that way he can't switch them out." Taelon mused.

"This is... really lovely."

"Had a good model." Taelon offered kindly.

" Taelon offered kindly