61. Ode To Mum

"Aemma, after mom." Nyra remarked. Taelon let out a long sigh. "You don't like it?" Nyra countered.

"No I do." Taelon corrected. "But I think it would hurt too much." Nyra nodded thinking it through, it would be painful. "What about Emma?"

"Emma." Nyra repeated. "Jace or Emma."

Emma came out screaming and kicking like a goat. Thorin was a proud big brother.

"So little." Thorin whispered not wanting to wake Emma up.

"She is." Nyra agreed cradling Emma to her chest.

"I hold her too?" Thorin asked looking to Taelon.

"Take a seat next to Nyra." taelon agreed.

On the rare, rare occasion Thorin accidentally called Nyra mom. But he still remembered Rhae. Sometimes it slipped but for the most part Nyra was Nyra. This little girl, Nyra got to be mama.

Thorin held his arms out straight as he waited. He watched Nyra put Emma in his arm and his little smile got bigger.

"I feel like a giant!" Thorin declared. "She's littler than Aemond was." he remarked having held Aemond previously.

"She is, Nyra was always a little thing." Taelon informed him. "Support the neck." taelon instructed. Nyra was surprised at how well Taelon was at handling babies. He didnt meet Thorin when he was this little. Yet Taelon knew how to hold and soothe Emma perfectly.

"I carried Nyra around by her ankles when she was little." Taelon remarked and Nyra swatted a hand at him. "But don't do that with Emma." Taelon added hurriedly.

Viserys came in and stared back at his children, his grandchildren. It was hard to be mad and stay mad when they were so perfect together.

"Congratulations." Viserys declared taking a deep breath as he got closer. "To the both of you."

"I'm a big brother now!" Thorin declared. "But I'm not a man until I catch a duck." he added seriously. Viserys stared down at Thorin before nodding.

"Yes... a duck..." Viserys agreed confused. "Well?" Viserys did hope for a boy a legitimate heir of the iron throne but what he saw was a little girl.

"Emma." Nyra declared.

"Beautiful." Viserys replied looking to Emma.

"A gentle ode to mum." Taelon added.

"She would have been proud of you two fighting for love." Viserys admitted. "I'm sorry I pushed you two apart for so long. I hope your family continues to grow and be fruitful."

"thank you father." They echoed as he headed out.

"Uncle Tommen to the rescue!" Tommen declared proudly. "Aww a girl. Adorable. So adorable!"

+

"I feel disgusting." Nyra whispered.

She had given birth and her stomach hung loose from stretched skin. Her breasts were heavy and enlarged and painful.

She finally got Taelon. All hers and she looked and felt disgusting.

''You look beautiful.'' Taelon assured running a hand over her head as she lay snuggled up into him as Emma slept soundly.

"Hey, I was thinking... about Daemon." Nyra whispered and Taelon tensed. 

"Why?" Taelon countered. 

"Father got a scroll, Daemon married Laena and they just had twins. Girls." Nyra whispered. 

Could Taelon kill Daemon and take those girls father from them? 

Yes. 

He could. He would kill Daemon the next time he saw him. The world would be better without Daemon. Taelon knew that for a fact. Nyra felt his muscled chest tense and then relax through a stiff breath. 

"Where did it come from?" Taelon questioned innocently. 

"I know you want him dead, I do to." Nyra remarked but she didnt know if that was completely true. She felt like a bitch for even thinking it but had Rhae come to the capital Taelon would have fallen in love with Rhae and not Nyra. But Thorin still deserved his mother, his real mother. Nyra had to have hope that Taelon and her were always meant to be. 

"Where Nyra?"

"Pentos."