50. Erebor

2 moons later. Runestone

"Taelon." Gerold said happily. "Thorin."

"Hello Uncle Gerold." Thorin said fondly.

"Well?" Taelon asked simply.

"Thank you." Gerold replied.

"Daemon wouldnt happen to be here?" Taelon asked peering around, he still wanted his head and was having a hard time tracking down his worm of an uncle.

"Fled after his claims were denied."

"Of course he did." Taelon agreed.

"Thank you again." Gerold said. "This is his home, you are always welcome back."

"Thank you. Best of luck." Taelon remarked.

"Well?" Tommen questioned. 

"Fled." Taelon seethed. 

"You going to go after him?" Tommen countered. 

"I don't have a clue where he is." Taelon reminded him through a sharp breath. "I could be flying forever." 

"He will resurface, worms like him always do." Tommen assured. 

"And when does, I will be ready." Taelon agreed.  "Come on Thorin, someone has a name day party to get to."

"WAA HOO!" Thorin declared.

+

"Any news?" Viserys asked.

"None your grace." Harrold remarked.

"The Velaryons are angry I presume?" Viserys remarked.

"Very." Harrold agreed.

"Damnit." Viserys slammed his hand down on the table. He had lost an arm, lost his children, and Coryls and Rhaenys were seething yet again.

"There is some good news." Maester Mellos remarked.

"Oh?" Viserys huffed out a breath as he sat back in his chair.

"The queen is with child." Mellos informed him.

"She is?" Viserys asked.

"A few moons along." Mellos suggested. Viserys nodded. Of course, before all this... right...

"That is good news indeed."

Alicent was confident that this child was not Viserys though.

+

"Now since you two are... I don't know old velaryian customs but..." Tommen looked between Taelon and Nyra as Thorin shoved his face into the cake. "I mean Taelon..." Tommen bopped his shoulders up and down.

"I think Tommen is trying and failing to ask if he can fuck you." Taelon remarked, Nyra chuckled leaning into Taelon.

"Hey, I'm asking permission this time." Tommen reminded them. "From both Nyra and possessive brother."

"Well, as the Taelon custom is now in place, when I wed Nyra tomorrow you are not allowed." Taelon informed him.

"Fair, but after tomorrow?" Tommen mused as the fire crackled behind them.

"DADDY!" Thorin declared running up to his egg.

"A happy name day indeed." Taelon agreed spinning around. Thorin screeched with delight as his dragon broke free.

"I know you and Tommen have been doing things a certain way." Nyra whispered as Taelon pulled her back to his chest, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, I think Tommen can handle without." Taelon mused.

"I just meant... if you wanted... I wouldnt mind." Nyra said slowly and Taelon leaned into her looking at her embarrassed face.

"Let's see if you can handle me first." Taelon mused.

"Just a thought." Nyra added innocently.

"Oh just a thought eh?" Taelon mused. "Handsome little lad." Taelon remarked kneeling next to Thorin.

"What do you want to call him?" Taelon asked

"I can pick any name?" Thorin asked as the dragon shook off the shell and moved towards them.

"Anything your heart desires." Nyra confirmed.

"How did you pick Rok?" Thorin asked

"Well there is the legend of Ragnarok." Taelon exclaimed happily.

"Oh yes tell your child about the wars that were prophesied." Tommen mused. Taelon didnt hear his sarcasm.

"Ragnarök, also known as the Twilight of the Gods, it was first prophesied by the Jötunn Gróa that foresees the ultimate battle of the Gods gods," taelon declared "as well as the rebirth of the world through submersion into water." Taelon chuckled "because my Rok breaths fire I found that quite humorous." Taelon explained. "Anyways... in the prophecy, Ragnarok is seen as being the center of everything!"

"Wow!" Thorin declared.

Ragnarök was first prophesized by the Jötunn Seeress Gróa, who unintentionally saw a vision of the actual events while searching in her library for ancient tomes for knowledge that would help her find her lost husband Aurvandil. In her vision she saw the beginning of Fimbulwinter, Skol and Hati devouring the Sun and Moon, Sutr emerging from Muspelheim, Fenrir breaking free from his chain and the Gods once again at each other's throats. She also saw a white ghost from another land and his young son, Kratos and Atreus, who are at the center of everything. However, her vision was so powerful that it was felt by Odin himself.

Nyra had heard the story many times when she was younger but now hearing him explain it to Thorin acting it out as he did when she was younger made her so happy. She couldnt put to words the feeling. That overwhelming love that flowed around them. She couldnt wait to have her own child. Couldnt wait to see Taelon and her making that baby. She pictured many endless nights between the sheets.

"Erebor." Thorin declared

"Erebor?" Nyra asked unfamiliar with the name.

"Daddy told me the story of the lonely mountain. Erebor." Thorin told her.

There was the city of Dale. Its markets known far and wide. Full of the bounties of vine and vale. Peaceful and prosperous. For this city lay before the doors of the greatest kingdom in Middle-earth: Erebor. Stronghold of Thror, King Under the Mountain. Mightiest of the Dwarf Lords.

"A fine name." Taelon agreed.